Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avon Closure

Options
  • 09-04-2013 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭

My wife is a distributor and is left owing Avon a lot of money .The reason the reps are refusing to pay her for the last order because the company has ceased. I wonder what is my wife's legal position she is also refusing to pay Avon.
    There was no warning .
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

Surely the reps on your wife's team have already received the goods and sold them on. Don't they understand that she owes to money to Avon and she will be liable for that when Avon comes knocking?
    If she's a business developer she got an email from Avon. What does that say? If she's not a BD, she should get onto her upline and seek their help.

If she doesn't get paid, there's always the small claims court. But if she's hoping to ever build a team again in a different business, she probably won't want to go down that route.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

The rep's contract is with your wife (the distributor) ..the debt still stands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭atkin

All the Business Developers that she contacted are refusing to pay at present .
    True the Reps got the products but many are using the closure as a reason not to pay .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

atkin wrote: »
    True the Reps got the products but many are using the closure as a reason not to pay .

You're just repeating yourself now. Did she get an email from Avon? Has she spoken to her upline? Has she told those who refuse to pay her that she still has to pay Avon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Unless someone has been left with a load of stock, the money due is due. Many people seem to think that when a company stops trading that the debtors are off the hook, this is not the case.
    In Avon's case it is still early days.
    Have all outstanding orders been cancellled?,
    Have Avon agreed a returns policy/wind down?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

atkin wrote: »

Which is entirely understandable to be fair. Like every other person in this country who is self employed in some way, there is no little safety net for them to be paid statutory redundancy.

The reps have lost their income so the only obvious compensation is to withhold any money they have in their hand.

Regarding the small claims court I believe its for consumers to take a case against a business but I could be mistaken in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 anneobrien1975

I totally agree also Avon are not taking any returns from the distributors. Lots of people are at a loss including customers if they are unsatisfied now with a product tough which is also not fair

Advertisement