Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresh Eire

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I listened to your EP and there are far more negatives than positives. Not trying to be an a$$hole, but trying to offer some constructive criticsm.

The 2 MC's. 1 of you raps too fast and mumbles words. You need to have clear vocals unless you are a drunk ODB in the studio. Only he could get away with that.
    The second guy, who is the slower rapper of the 2 just cant write raps. Needs to really improve the structure of lines and not double time a single word to cram it into the line.

The beats are not great as well. Did you do any mixing on this?

Now here is my general rant, not aimed at Fresh Eire, more a critique in general of new rappers putting out music. They need to work more on perfecting the art before releasing an EP or an album. If you look at the standard of releases from Ireland now, the package is more complete an polished from the sound, to promotion to the package.

A great example of this is Bitter Rock who released an excellent album, with excellent production value, great artwork and well produced videos.
    Even the Class A lads have realised this and release something that is sonically nice to listen to, and decent video quality for singles.
    The Working Class lads are another great example of this. Putting in more work rather than releasing half produced, poorly mixed and dodgy vocaled EPs and albums.

This doesnt just relate to Irish output, there is shockingly bad music released from all corners of the globe where if more effort was put in, rather than trying to get a release out, the result would be much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

I kinda like it tho... obviously with better production it can go some where i think...

I think the problem ere is the Braveheart sample is just dragged from a youtube video or something...

The bit rates and the recording techniques are all over the place...

But rappers have to start from somewhere...

And i think the chorus fitted the song good.... The recording software is prob the cheapest possible...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 willymuff2

thanks for the feedback, expect more slower well pronounced rhymes, and well written faster more lyrical verses coupled with better beats and production on the album coming soon called unleashed, money and time is being spent on the recording and production process now at a much higher degree, and check this video thing out http://www.rapreviews.com/news/View.php?ArticleID=20317

Advertisement