Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

700 Free #1 Marvel Comics

Options
  • 09-04-2013 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Signed up for this myself, think they cost like 1:99 each so saving like €1400.
    First copy on various comics.
    Register then sign up before 11:59 on the 9th of April to be in with a chance of getting them by the 11th.
    Link:
    https://promo.comixology.com/
    Or this one
    https://promo.marvel.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

How is this a bargain? You only get digital access, not the comics themselves. There is obviously no resale value in digital access.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I have a comixology account on my ipad with over 300 comics downloaded,its great to have so many in one spot without worry of damage, thanks for the link OP, hope I get the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

How is this a bargain? You only get digital access, not the comics themselves. There is obviously no resale value in digital access.

Resale? What are you smoking, your getting over 700 digital copies for FREE. seems like a decent bargin to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Resale? What are you smoking, your getting over 700 digital copies for FREE. seems like a decent bargin to me.

700 1st editions at that "free "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Just to warn you: not only is there another thread doing the rounds on BA, of the same thing, but there was major problems with the registration last time. Many Boardsies, myself included, signed up in anticipation, but were left with weekly (irrelevant) emails, and no free comics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Just to warn you: not only is there another thread doing the rounds on BA, of the same thing, but there was major problems with the registration last time. Many Boardsies, myself included, signed up in anticipation, but were left with weekly (irrelevant) emails, and no free comics.

There servers crashed it was on here a few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

700 free #1 comics attracted a lot more interest than Comixology or Marvel anticapted and as a result the servers crashed leaving people without access to the free #1 comics. This also left regular comixology users without access to thier digital material so I think Comixology did the right thing in holding off the promotion until they are better prepared to handle increased traffic.

I managed to download a few titles early and there definitely are some great #1 to check out. FYI anything with a "Marvel Now" banner means it came out in the past 3-4 months so if you're new to Marvel comics they might be a good place to start your reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

but there was major problems with the registration last time. Many Boardsies, myself included, signed up in anticipation, but were left with weekly (irrelevant) emails, and no free comics.

i am aware that this has happened int the past , but if you tried like me and failed to get any because of the servers crashing , its nice to have a 2nd chance.
    As far as ive read on other sites , there going to try get them out to everyone who signs up.(not a garentee , but good to hear none the less).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

How is this a bargain? You only get digital access, not the comics themselves.

Are you a member of the Amish community?

Advertisement