Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday Blues that just won't go away

Options
  • 08-04-2013 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hey all,

So pretty mental weekend in fairness. I know there have been a lot of threads on here similar to this one but how was everyones weekend?
    Is it worth it?
    It's Monday night and I am still feeling what I can only describe is absolute FEAR. I drank heavily over 24 hours.....how long till I am back to normal. I am a a 27 year old girl, have a boyfriend, am happy but am so constantly in this situation where I party too hard even for one night and I can't cope after. My partner seems to never be affected and is asleep right now where as I may take a few more days.

Q: Is the party always worth it?
    Q2: Would giving up going out or drinking altogether be worth it? I think I would die of boredom but at this stage and how I feel I am starting to wonder is partying all it's cracked up to be?

CU

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

It's only a hangover.......

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Shamozzle

This is happening to me a lot lately. I go out with friends usually on a Saturday night, get totally wasted and end up with the fear until Monday or Tuesday. I'm a very shy person normally but when I hit the beer I'm a totally different person, I fight and talk a lot of crap (so my friends tell me anyway). OP try giving it up for a bit and see what other interests there is for you to pursue at the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Clever Username

It's only a hangover.......

Hangovers used to last 12 hours, now it's more like 3 days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭amacca

depends on how fabulous your life is dahling......are you fabulous?

if you are then hell yeah sister..of course its worth it!!!!!!
    Q2: Would giving up going out or drinking altogether be worth it? I think I would die of boredom but at this stage and how I feel I am starting to wonder is partying all it's cracked up to be?

you could become one of those weirdos that have hobbies instead of a social life...like me...do you really want that for yourself...I think you are better than that deep down

stop doubting yourself and go out and get yourself potential liver damage like every other bright young twenty something social butterfly

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Chain_reaction

Mild fear themed with the Sunday night blues. If you're still regretting every decision you've ever made in your life on 3pm on a Wednesday the weekend after the session then you've trouble.

Honestly though, I get it pretty bad, if you're not enjoying it anymore stop.

Also the cure appears to be hugs and fluffy animal .gif. If you're a boy, simply **** and sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Hey all,

So pretty mental weekend in fairness. I know there have been a lot of threads on here similar to this one but how was everyones weekend?
    Is it worth it?
    It's Monday night and I am still feeling what I can only describe is absolute FEAR. I drank heavily over 24 hours.....how long till I am back to normal. I am a a 27 year old girl, have a boyfriend, am happy but am so constantly in this situation where I party too hard even for one night and I can't cope after. My partner seems to never be affected and is asleep right now where as I may take a few more days.

CU

Welcome to getting old! When I was 18 to 25 I could go out Friday Saturday and Sunday night, get Absolutely bladdered and still be right as rain the following day. Now I'm 33 and if I have a hard session on a Saturday night, I'm in bad form all day Sunday, can't sleep on Sunday night cause ill be stressing about any and every little thing. It literally takes until Wednesday before I feel ok again. The idea of going out 2 nights back to back literally sickens my stomach. Alcohol is a depressant, its just your body is more affected by it as the years go by.

Shamozzle wrote: »
    This is happening to me a lot lately. I go out with friends usually on a Saturday night, get totally wasted and end up with the fear until Monday or Tuesday. I'm a very shy person normally but when I hit the beer I'm a totally different person, I fight and talk a lot of crap (so my friends tell me anyway). OP try giving it up for a bit and see what other interests there is for you to pursue at the weekends.

Really? So good to hear that I am not alone, I know this through friends too, I am so scared that maybe the party will never end and if it does there may be no fun left :) I am so shy also, but not when I am drinking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

If something makes you feel this bad then why do it?

You can have fun and not drink as much alcohol, it's not worth it.

You are getting old so!

I used to be a beer drinker. I found in my late 20's that I was fupped for a few days afterwards. Since then I swapped to ciders and I am right as rain the day after.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭amacca

Since then I swapped to ciders and I am right as rain the day after.

especially true of natural ciders made from pressed apple juice rather than those god awful artificial sugar water apple flavoured bulmers type sh1te

10-14% drink it down like it actually was apple juice and suffer nary an ill effect

**** this I am having a drink, and a xanax!

**** this I am having a drink, and a xanax!

Yuuuuuuuuuuup

AH will do that to ya! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭outnumbered82

I get vodka depression 3 days after i go out. Day after I go out fine for first few hours then go downhill next day grand then day 3 the drink blues hit me!

I love u!!! Hobbies are for weirdos!!!! @amaccca

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I haven't drank since last Sept as I'm pregnant. Haven't missed it at all and tbh, don't see me drinking much in future. Just feel so much better not drinking every weekend. I haven't found it boring at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I've made the decision this week to cut my drinking down to a bare minimum. It definitely is not worth it. Ruined myself over the weekend with the drink and it's becoming more and more of a problem for me with regards college work and relationships with friends.
    I'll stick to the odd joint here and there. From now on methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Hey all,

Is it worth it?
    It's Monday night and I am still feeling what I can only describe is absolute FEAR. I drank heavily over 24 hours.....how long till I am back to normal.

I had some pot, and I feel fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

I manage to get "the fear" without even drinking these days now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

I suffered from the day-after blues for years. I'm afraid it only gets worse are you progress in years. On the other hand, there is much more to life than partying as I'm sure you will discover soon enough. By then you'll be middle aged and will have lots of other things to be miserable about. :)

For now, take the Xannex, get some sleep and enjoy being 27 and happy. Maybe drink a little less next weekend and try not to go on extended sessions - they tend to have much worse after effects. A lot of the blues is just guilt at what you may or may not have done. In most cases, what you have not done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I like a drink but there's no way in hell I'd go through that. Must be possible to drink less.

Thanks everyone. Am going to log off and count sheep.....that works yeah???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

If this were another country, I'd say you were drinking far too much, that you can't handle the amount you drink, and it's not logical to continue doing something that makes you so deeply depressed.

But on the other hand, bitta craic shur, don't be a dry sh*te etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

If this were another country, I'd say you were drinking far too much, that you can't handle the amount you drink, and it's not logical to continue doing something that makes you so deeply depressed.

Of course you're right, the obvious advise is to stop doing what's making you miserable. But we all know that isn't an option here, which is why we don't even bring it up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

Me and my friends call it booze blues :(

If one of us has it then we tend to just hang out and relax for the day.

That said, I had a mad Saturday night, was fine in work but once I was alone afterwards I felt really bad. Touch of anxiety...

Now I'm just watching episodes of my favourite tv show and having a joint, descending into relaxation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

But on the other hand, bitta craic shur, don't be a dry sh*te etc.

I don't drink much in college and I know people think I'm dry...just isn't worth the hangover. Mid week college hangovers make me so demotivated.

Advertisement