Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixing tap not delivering very hot water

Options
  • 08-04-2013 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all,

This is the tap that feeds my shower. When the hot water tap (on the left) is turned on the metal around it heats up to a very warm temperature. My issue is that, even with the cold tap off, the water that actually comes out of the shower head is not as hot as it should be.

Do you know why the tap gets really hot but the water seems to cool down a lot before it comes out? Is the cold water mixing with it for some reason?

If so, if I take off the unit do you think it is an easy fix?

Many thanks,

S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

Shanek320 wrote: »
    Hi all,

This is the tap that feeds my shower. When the hot water tap (on the left) is turned on the metal around it heats up to a very warm temperature. My issue is that, even with the cold tap off, the water that actually comes out of the shower head is not as hot as it should be.

Do you know why the tap gets really hot but the water seems to cool down a lot before it comes out? Is the cold water mixing with it for some reason?

If so, if I take off the unit do you think it is an easy fix?

Many thanks,

S

That is a thermostatic shower mixer more than likely the thermo fecked
    It proberly would be as cheap to replace shower with a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

As said above if it worked before the thermostat is fooked. If it never worked which was my assumption before looking at it then its a pressure problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

You cant completely turn the cold on a thermo valve off. There is an on off valve and a mixing valve on it. you can have it cold or mixed to a maximum of about 48oC, It's the nature of the beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Shanek320

That's great. I really appreciate the info. New shower required so! :rolleyes:

Advertisement