Advertisement
Boards are fundraising to help the people of Ukraine via the Red Cross at this horrific time. Please donate and share if you can, you will find the link here. Many thanks.

CO2??

  • 08-04-2013 4:52pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 10 ✭✭✭ mossymossy


    Got a corny keg but don't know where to get some co2. Anyone any ideas?
    Cheers.


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭ tteknulp


    You can purchase one here ,i have used them for refills etc...there in Dublin 24 : http://www.aquafire.ie/products.php


  • Registered Users Posts: 10 ✭✭✭ mossymossy


    tteknulp wrote: »
    You can purchase one here ,i have used them for refills etc...there in Dublin 24 : http://www.aquafire.ie/products.php

    Perfect, thanks.


  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭ tteknulp


    mossymossy wrote: »
    Perfect, thanks.

    Forgot to mention you will need a regulator also for adjusting amount going into corny ,pm me if you need any help


  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭✭ joctcl


    You don't say where you are but
    http://www.beoir.org/community/viewtopic.php?p=85829
    Or AJ edge in bray will sort you out, really good guy called Alex on adverts has good regs for 35 and fittings
    Do your homework compressed tanks are potential killers


  • Registered Users Posts: 30 ✭✭✭ breen_og


    joctcl wrote: »
    Do your homework compressed tanks are potential killers

    Just wondering about the potential killer aspect. I have a pub gas cylinder. Apart from the obvious of compressed C02 being released and a larger metal object speeding towards you is there anything else to worry about?

    I know the cylinder had been in use up until recently and I have cornies ready to go that I have primed and should have completed secondary.. Theyre still sealed any way, so lets hope theyre good!


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭ tteknulp


    breen_og wrote: »
    Just wondering about the potential killer aspect. I have a pub gas cylinder. Apart from the obvious of compressed C02 being released and a larger metal object speeding towards you is there anything else

    When you have it refilled it will be checked for safety ,pressure test & seal checked,keep it upright and secure ,it will be fine


  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭✭ joctcl


    tteknulp wrote: »
    When you have it refilled it will be checked for safety ,pressure test & seal checked,keep it upright and secure ,it will be fine

    er by who?
    None of the FE fillers I used perform that they assume the tank is ok, they may check for leaks but don't certify, you can get that service for the bigger tanks but I think its 30-40 snots.


  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭ tteknulp


    joctcl wrote: »
    er by who?
    None of the FE fillers I used perform that they assume the tank is ok, they may check for leaks but don't certify, you can get that service for the bigger tanks but I think its 30-40 snots.

    The guy i use checks valves , pressure test ,wont refill unless it meets this ,i use 2kg cylinders €25 ,he does not offer cert though ,i never had a problem , i agree they are projectiles if not used with caution


  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭✭ joctcl


    AJ Edge in Bray €10 for a 2 or 5Kg, they do pressure test.


  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭ tteknulp


    joctcl wrote: »
    AJ Edge in Bray €10 for a 2 or 5Kg, they do pressure test.

    Thanks good to know as i was paying €25 for 1 and €40 for 2 refills


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭ Sitamoia


    Sorry for dragging up an old thread. I'm looking to get gas for a corny keg in Cork, any recommendations? Be using it for lager



  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭ Sitamoia


    Got sorted



Advertisement