Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German Oral

Options
  • 08-04-2013 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Yeah so its in a week, came pretty fast, any tips?

Is the best thing to do for the roleplays to learn off sentences for each point?

And for the projekt, how should it be presented to the examiner?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭comeclosa

Lc201395 wrote: »
    Yeah so its in a week, came pretty fast, any tips?

Is the best thing to do for the roleplays to learn off sentences for each point?

And for the projekt, how should it be presented to the examiner?

Know your basic topics off by heart, like yourself, your family, your hobbies, school etc. Try to give a good bit of detail, because the more you say yourself, the less scope the examiner has for awkward questions!

For the roleplays, you should definitely know what's going on in each point off by heart. Try to look at the German version of the script, most of the vocab you need is there. The doctor roleplay, if you get it, one of the points is like "repeat what the doctor says..." make sure you do that, or you'll lose easy marks! But don't rely on a learnt off script too much, because there will be things in there that the examiner will ask that are not on the script, just to throw you off and test your German. Best thing for that is to react with your standard phrases, such as "Ja, das ist kein Problem" or "Ich kann das machen, das ist prima/sehr gut" or if negative be like "Das ist nicht akzeptabel/Das geht aber nicht/ Das ist nicht so gut"

Cannot help you with the project, as I'm doing picture sequences myself.

Best of luck! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Lc201395

Thanks for the help. Think im going to learn about 8 or 9 general sentences for each roleplay on top of reading through various versions I have just so I have something to say if i'm stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

For the projekt you hand your project to the examiner and they look through it while you give your presentation. Then they ask you some questions like "how long did it take you?" "did you have help?" etc etc. You can also be asked about the Irish or local equivalent to your project. For example I'm doing a German band called Cinema Bizarre but they could ask about Irish music, then you could talk about the script and Coronas etc.
    Most of the info you need on the project is laid out in the German oral book! :)

I have another question regarding the projekt:

Should the project you hand to the examiner be longer or shorter than the description you give him/her?

Also, how should the project be presented, is ok to present it typed in a A4 plastic pocket?

You don't give a written presentation!

For example mine is a scrapbook. It's mainly pictures and a small amount of words. Like I have a page with band members and their names under the pictures. Or a map of Germany with an arrow coming out saying "Berlin".

I don't think they want much writing in the actual project.
    Also, have ye not got it done in class? We did it in TY!

• Advertisement

God im really confused now? The stuff on my project i have memorised (20 sentences), can i just type that out and use it as my project?

I don't think so I'm pretty sure you need a visual project!

peekachoo wrote: »
    I don't think so I'm pretty sure you need a visual project!

Yeah but that text with 2 or 3 pictures?

I'm not sure, you'll have to ask the teacher. We were told they don't like much writing, just pictures to look at while they listen to you speak.

I have it done now with about 100 words of text and 4 or 5 photos on an a4 page, is this suficient?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

You get zero marks for the project you hand up.. only what you say

hfallada wrote: »
    You get zero marks for the project you hand up.. only what you say

So it doesnt matter if what i hand up is **** really? What i am marked on is the 2 mins of speech on the project yeah?

No they ask you questions afterwards :)

well i meant that too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 44 DonallFitz

In reference to your first post/question.
    Use the roleplay sheet to form your answers, the practically give you half what to say on it, its just a matter of putting it all together :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Lc201395 wrote: »
    So it doesnt matter if what i hand up is **** really? What i am marked on is the 2 mins of speech on the project yeah?

like it will send a bad impression if the grammar and spelling is ****. Like they flick through it and make say out thats pic or can you tell me more about that. But expect 2 questions on how did you collect your info, did you enjoy etc. then something related to theproject. So you if choose german cars. they could say whats your dream car

Advertisement