Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hons Degree or Ordinary degree?

Options
  • 08-04-2013 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Im currently doing a part time IT Degree, currently in second year but I have the option of leaving next year with the award of Ordinary Degree or i could stay for an extra 18 months and graduate with an Hons Degree. Is there a massive difference between the two distinctions that would justify staying on for the extra 18 months. I enjoy the course very much but find it tough going particularly with a full time job.

I'd also like to get some sort of work experience but dont want to wait until 2015 and graduate before I start looking.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I have an ordinary degree and am currently working as a c# developer for the last 3 years. Get your CV ready and start sending it out and see what the response is like.

Ultimately it's down to showing enthusiasm and willing to learn as much as you can while on the job that gets you places. Well it was for me.

Advertisement