Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mira Electric Shower

Options
  • 08-04-2013 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

Our Mira electric shower is beginning to give us a wee bit of trouble, well, the shower head is. There are 3 settings, so to move between them you just twist a part of the shower head. OUrs will only work on the setting where all the the holes/sprinkles are closer together. If we change to any of the others, the low pressure light comes on, and there's no heat.

Would ye think if we replace the shower head it will fix the problem?

I hope this all makes sense, I'm useless when it comes to things like this, and don't wanna go into a shop and make an ass out of myself!:o

Thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Which Mira Shower do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

It's a Mira Elite 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

Have you cleaned the Filter. Just be sure to isolate all power at the Fuse Board before removing the cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Unscrew the head from the hose and steep it in vinegar overnight, wash it out and replace it, that will remove the scale, that will sort out the issue if its the head, but if the shower is getting noisey its very likley a pump issue and will needto be replaced.

sky6 wrote: »
    Have you cleaned the Filter. Just be sure to isolate all power at the Fuse Board before removing the cover.

Where is the filter and fuse board? Told ya I'm useless!;)

• Advertisement

Unscrew the head from the hose and steep it in vinegar overnight, wash it out and replace it, that will remove the scale, that will sort out the issue if its the head, but if the shower is getting noisey its very likley a pump issue and will needto be replaced.

yeah now that I think of it, the shower does appear to be louder than what it used to be, and the pressure of the water on the skin can be sore. I'm wondering would it be a pump so? Is that a big job to replace?

thanks for replies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Jonny1384

Turn off power to shower at pull cord or at domestic board, then remove screws at top and bottom of shower, where the water enters the shower usually the bottom you will see a small plastic screw that's your filter unscrew it an clean out if blocked, there will be some water in it when you open. Screw back in, hope this helps.

Thanks everyone for the replies

I shall dig out my took box and give it a go!:p

Advertisement