Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for plumber in Dublin 6

Options
  • 08-04-2013 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,

I'm currently looking for a good plumber in the Dublin 6 area - I have an electrically pumped shower that needs replacing.

Does anyone have any recommendations and can anyone give me a rough idea on the kind of price I should be expecting?

The current shower with the defunct pump is a Mira Vigour - I will be looking for an 8.5 kw or 9 kw shower to replace it.

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

jclancy wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm currently looking for a good plumber in the Dublin 6 area - I have an electrically pumped shower that needs replacing.

Does anyone have any recommendations and can anyone give me a rough idea on the kind of price I should be expecting?

The current shower with the defunct pump is a Mira Vigour - I will be looking for an 8.5 kw or 9 kw shower to replace it.

John

As you probably know, this will require a cable run back to the consumer board, adding considerably to your cost. You might get out for around €250-€275 plus shower cost, so approx €500, depending on your local setup.

Obviously a much cheaper route is to replace like with like. Those vigours can be sources for around 150€ online.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jclancy

dodzy wrote: »
    As you probably know, this will require a cable run back to the consumer board, adding considerably to your cost. You might get out for around €250-€275 plus shower cost, so approx €500, depending on your local setup.

Obviously a much cheaper route is to replace like with like. Those vigours can be sources for around 150€ online.

Hi Dodzy,

Thanks for replying.

When I got the wiring done in the loft originally I got the electrician to put in a cable run and an rcd in the CB that could supply a full up electric shower so hopefully I can avoid the need for rewiring :)

JC

Advertisement