Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matched third-party content.

Options
  • 08-04-2013 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hello guys,

I have tried to find some more info here and on other forums, but can't find answer to my question.

What I want to know what does 'Acknowledge' actually mean and do? My channel has monetization disabled. How this affects me and video?

Problem is I am doing live commentary and even tho I had made music very low it still picks it up in some places and few of my videos have this 'Matched third-party content.'

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I never acknowledged them and it never caused a problem.. I dunno the specifics behind it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Fresh2000

Seems nobody knows, I have googled a lot and can't find answer to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Fresh2000 wrote: »
    Problem is I am doing live commentary and even tho I had made music very low it still picks it up in some places and few of my videos have this 'Matched third-party content.'

You were using copyrighted music without permission. It doesn't matter how much you warp or distort the music, how much or how little you used, or whether you severely reduced the volume - the Content ID matches are valid.

Clicking "I acknowledge" means that you noticed the claim and admit that you used what was stated.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah but lets be honest, that has happened to us all.

I don't know anyone who's ever clicked "I acknowledge" though.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Fresh2000

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Clicking "I acknowledge" means that you noticed the claim and admit that you used what was stated.

I know what word acknowledge means. I want to know how it affects video/channel by clicking "I acknowledge"...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

If you acknowledge then you can't dispute the claim. Also you have to bear in mind that there is always the potential that a Content ID match can escalate to a full-on copyright strike if the owner decides to change their policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

Yeah I just deleted any videos I did in the past with 3rd party content because its not worth getting a channel strike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Also Youtube won't close a channel because of a single videos copyright infringement, they will just disable that video completely by removing it or blocking it in countries where the copyright infringement originates.

By clicking "i acknowledge", you're allowing youtube/google to do this freely without dispute.

Advertisement