Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private scan

Options
  • 08-04-2013 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wanting to find out where people got their early private scan done. We are 7 weeks gone and not going to get our 1st scan till 20ish weeks. We are wanting one at 12ish weeks, to make sure everything is going fine(which im sure it is) and to rule out muiltable babies (while I have a feeling there is). I have twin brothers, she has twin brothers and Uncle and aunt that are twins so it is running strong on both sides!

We live in Wexford. She works in Bray and I'm woring in Carrickmines.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I went to the Orwell clinic in Rathgar for an early scan and we were very happy. They do Sat/evening appointments too so we didn't have to miss any work.

Also there is a place on Blackrock Main Street which might be handier for your work locations. It's called Ultrasound something or other and I've heard good things about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭LoopyLolly88

I havent been here but while looking up 3d scans found the ultrasound suit in bray,think its 125e for the scan you are looking for. I think theres somewhere in kilkenny aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

we had some private scans done in mount carmel and in ultrasound dimensions in blackrock. I preferred ultrasound dimensions - however, mount carmel definitely do Saturday scans. there wasn't much between them to be honest - just felt like I was more on a conveyer belt in MC. UD had a much nicer vibe - less rushed.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Babyscan.ie do all the scans too, we went there for an early scan at 9 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

We went to Mount Carmel and found it great. The reason I recommend there over the other private clinics is that they have consultants on call who can come to the clinic if there's anything abnormal or that needs further looking at.
    The other scan clinics only have ultrasound technicians who can point out if there's any issue but can't do much more which can mean an anxious time between visiting the clinic and your GP/maternity hospital.

Obviously the ideal outcome is for everything to be fine and then all clinics are fine, but god forbid something isn't its nice to have that reassurance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

We had a scan at a place near bray station a few years ago. a web search will find the name for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

Thanks for all the replys. Its up to the wife now to pick a place :)

Advertisement