Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Independent Residence

Options
  • 08-04-2013 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hey Guys,
    I applied for the grant in September and it has been back and forth with them about this document and that document but now I just need :
    • Evidence of independent residence from 1st October 2011 to one month prior to the date of this letter
    • Independent Residence

The thing is I was staying with my aunt in another county as I was doing a FAS course at the time. I initially got a signed letter from her to say I was staying and I sent in a telephone bill with her name. They replied with the same letter as before asking again. This time I sent the same as before but with an ESB bill and again they replied with the generic reply.
    I don't have the evidence to say I was staying there as I wasn't paying rent but I was buying groceries etc. I didn't know I would be in this situation at the time of course and was ignorant to everything that was needed.
    Is there anything I can do about it? I could send them my FAS cert but it's not on the list of legitimate documents they give. I dont really know what to do. It's been such a nightmare digging up all the other forms and what not I would be really disappointed if I can't get it over this. Any ideas?
    Thanks very much:)

edit: oh and I wasnt even getting rent allowance cos I told them in FAS im staying with my aunt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Helpyouspeak

Do you have any evidence of travelling over to your aunts to show that you were out of the country? If you do, then send them in as this might be evidence..

Advertisement