Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anybody paying attention to the weekly protests popping up across the country?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Now that you mention it, no, no I haven't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭mikehammer67

il keep an eye out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

Not heard it from one person.not seen it on any social media network,not heard it on any radio or tv channel

Keep up the good work

P.s ballyhea rofl

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

The only thing of interest to me in that link is that I have 2 status updates.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Where the hell is Ballyhea?

Never seen any

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

no I prefer to shout at leaves instead

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

You know things are going up shi tty creek when your quoting ballhea as a reference
    Whats the population excluding cows

200 people

• Registered Users Posts: 13,326 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I saw an angry mob last Friday week but it turned out to be 4 Poles outside Carry-Out not realising the Good Friday rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

no i was ****

• Registered Users Posts: 20,413 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Is it just another PR exercise by Sinn Fein like the household charge protests,soon to be water charge protests or any other populist bandwagon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

I saw an angry mob last Friday week but it turned out to be 4 Poles outside Carry-Out not realising the Good Friday rules.

If they were real patriots they'd have self immolated. Too soft, that's the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭G Power

kneemos wrote: »
    Is it just another PR exercise by Sinn Fein like the household charge protests,soon to be water charge protests or any other populist bandwagon.

these have absolutely nothing to do with sinn fcuking fein!! just cos you feel household charge protests or other populist protests are a waste of time i hope you get brought down to the level some of us are existing in right now so you can see how tough it will be to pay when ya got nothing left in your wallet as it is!!

this place really sickens me, no matter how much evidence we have, no matter how much we're squeezed unfairly while saving the banks and their "system" at all costs, no matter what ordinary decent people organise it's not good enough for most people!!

G Power wrote: »
    these have absolutely nothing to do with sinn fcuking fein!! just cos you feel household charge protests or other populist protests are a waste of time i hope you get brought down to the level some of us are existing in right now so you can see how tough it will be to pay when ya got nothing left in your wallet as it is!!

this place really sickens me, no matter how much evidence we have, no matter how much we're squeezed unfairly while saving the banks and their "system" at all costs, no matter what ordinary decent people organise it's not good enough for most people!!

protests round here have Sinn Fein banners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭G Power

kneemos wrote: »
    protests round here have Sinn Fein banners.

so you're proposing a protest that includes and excludes who you personally like/dislike??

as the Galway one states quite clearly "it has absolutely nothing to do with any particular group, party or reason exclusively and although everybody is welcome to attend there will not be one particular agenda which has in the past discouraged some individuals or groups from taking part."

again some people are forgetting why the march has been called and have taken their first opportunity to say they're out cos this or that doesn't suit me while completely missing the point of the march!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

G Power wrote: »
    so you're proposing a protest that includes and excludes who you personally like/dislike??

as the Galway one states quite clearly "it has absolutely nothing to do with any particular group, party or reason exclusively and although everybody is welcome to attend there will not be one particular agenda which has in the past discouraged some individuals or groups from taking part."

The thread relates to protests around the country as I say local protests here are Sinn Fein driven which personally would put me off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

The only time I pay attention to'em is when the effect of their protesting affects me. Such as traffic jams, buses and other transport services being delayed. And even then I don't give much thought to what they are complaining about, but that I'm annoyed for being inconvenienced. There has to be a better way for it, because being a nuisance to the rest of the public doesn't really give most people an incentive to rectify whatever is being protested against when the protesters become a target for dissatisfaction themselves.

Advertisement