Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASAP Rocky The Academy 24 May

Options
  • 07-04-2013 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Anyone going for tickets for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

I certainly will.It will be great to see him live

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Rud wrote: »
    I certainly will.It will be great to see him live

Some free tickets aswell through the Heineken Music thing!

Tickets sold out mental quick today apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

15 seconds is what I've been hearing. Seriously.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for tickets but I would be gutted if I didn't get to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Yup. I was booking them at 2:00 and got a sold out notice. If I'd known it was going to be such a rush I'd have been hitting refresh at 1.59.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Olé' olé, olé, olé, olé, oleeeeeeee.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Olé' olé, olé, olé, olé, oleeeeeeee.

Good night?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

Couldn't tell you tbh, very strange set up for a Friday night gig in the Academy, and a shambles from my point of view.

Tickets say doors at 7.30 and if you show up from 9.30 onwards you can't be gaurenteed entrance. Grand job, no skin off my nose, wasn't going to queue up anyway. On the day of the show a text is sent out by Heineken that the time on the tickets is wrong and doors are at 9. Again no bother to me, presume there's either no support or a short support act on as gigs in the Academt usually finish up by 11. Get into the Academy at around 9.20 and straight into the ground level bar for complimentary beers - happy days. Head up to the venue around 9.50 to get a decent spot. By 11.10 nobody had appeared on stage and there was just songs selected by the crowd playing over the PA.

At that stage I had to leave to get a bus. Would be interested to hear how the show actually went and what time it went on til.

Couldn't tell you tbh, very strange set up for a Friday night gig in the Academy, and a shambles from my point of view.

Tickets say doors at 7.30 and if you show up from 9.30 onwards you can't be gaurenteed entrance. Grand job, no skin off my nose, wasn't going to queue up anyway. On the day of the show a text is sent out by Heineken that the time on the tickets is wrong and doors are at 9. Again no bother to me, presume there's either no support or a short support act on as gigs in the Academt usually finish up by 11. Get into the Academy at around 9.20 and straight into the ground level bar for complimentary beers - happy days. Head up to the venue around 9.50 to get a decent spot. By 11.10 nobody had appeared on stage and there was just songs selected by the crowd playing over the PA.

At that stage I had to leave to get a bus. Would be interested to hear how the show actually went and what time it went on til.

haha that is sickening!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

Could you not have just forked out for a taxi or something later on?

Edit: Don't mean that in a bad way, but instead of missing the show just to get last bus...?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The reviews of his live shows are shockingly bad anyway, I'd say you missed nothing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

A friend of mine was there and said it was excellent. I don't even think he is a big Rocky fan either.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

Was a very good gig.

I wouldn't be the biggest fan, only know 5 or so songs but thought he was great live.

Pity it didn't kick off until 11:40, finished up around 12:30.

****in Problems is brilliant live.

I thought it was a great gig. The near 2 hour wait was ridiculous however. He did apologies which helped.

His freestyle over the Ole chant was class and Jump Around was a good laugh. He is bloody brilliant with crowd interaction. Crowd surfing, and constantly throwing out his hand to the crowd.

Was great to see ****ing Problems and Hands on the wheel too.

Sounds good only an hour though? Let's hope Wiz Khalifa and his tour come to Ireland for a date. Would be good to see.

barry194 wrote: »
    Sounds good only an hour though? Let's hope Wiz Khalifa and his tour come to Ireland for a date. Would be good to see.

Yeah, only an hour but it was free. No complaints there really.

Advertisement