Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S3 mini Problem

Options
  • 07-04-2013 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭

if mods wanna move/merge with the s3 problem thread then go ahead but its a diff sort of:o

well anyway, bought s3 mini a couple of months back but recently got a problem where when i receive a call it takes maybe 5 seconds for me to hear the other person or them hear me but i have no problem when i make the call.

now if i turn on and off my phone it solves the problem for a little while but a couple of calls later i get the delay again.

ive tried other network sims in the phone to see if its a network problem but the sims belong to friends so cant leave them in for long as i gotta obviously give em back so i really didnt get an answer.

the phone is unlocked so cant return the phone for a new one as it more than likely voids the warranty.

anyone had this problem or have any ideas how to fix it???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

if mods wanna move/merge with the s3 problem thread then go ahead but its a diff sort of:o

well anyway, bought s3 mini a couple of months back but recently got a problem where when i receive a call it takes maybe 5 seconds for me to hear the other person or them hear me but i have no problem when i make the call.

now if i turn on and off my phone it solves the problem for a little while but a couple of calls later i get the delay again.

ive tried other network sims in the phone to see if its a network problem but the sims belong to friends so cant leave them in for long as i gotta obviously give em back so i really didnt get an answer.

the phone is unlocked so cant return the phone for a new one as it more than likely voids the warranty.

anyone had this problem or have any ideas how to fix it???

How would unlocking the phone invalidate your warranty??

Rooting, perhaps, but unlocking, no.....most definitely, as some phones are also sold network unlocked.

And there is also opinion, supported by European Consumer Law that rooting a phone should not invalidate your consumer rights, unless there is evidence of damage caused by the procedure.

Here is an article, which is for the G3, [big brother], but may have some relevance.

http://www.androidcentral.com/how-adjust-call-settings-galaxy-s3

Also, some more techy stuff here, regarding Firmware Baseband and Modem problems....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1826167

don't go there unless you are very confident!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭larchielads

thanks pancake.

there was a few tips in there alright to turn back on some sound settings like keypad tones etc. so gonna try that to see what happens.

rest of the stuff is way too techy for me so if problem persists ill take the phone back to the shop for a new one hopefully

didnt know that unlocking your phone voided warranty i was obviously thinkin of jailbreakin on the iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

thanks pancake.

there was a few tips in there alright to turn back on some sound settings like keypad tones etc...... Snip.... Snip

didnt know that unlocking your phone voided warranty i was obviously thinkin of jailbreakin on the iphone.

No, you said that in the OP ;-)

I don't think unlocking does void a warranty!!

Jailbreaking or rooting is something else, and providers will argue you have voided your warranty, but there us EU Consumer legislation which says otherwise.

Unless the rooting can be demonstrated to cause a hardware problem with the device, you are entitled to your rights under law.

Don't let anyone fob you off.

Take it back and either have it fixed to your complete satisfaction or replaced.

brought it back to the shop today. be waitin a week to get it back. the guy in the shop told me that the engineers network lock the phone again :eek:

theyll be gettin an earfull of me next week if they dont give me the network unlock codes for it!!!!!! no way am i payin again to get it unlocked!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Hi larchielads, I'm just wondering if the repair sorted the issue? I have the same problem with my S3 mini, once I answer and say hello, whoever is on the other end doesn't hear it, so maybe 3 to 4 second delay. Very frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

brought it back to the shop today. be waitin a week to get it back. the guy in the shop told me that the engineers network lock the phone again :eek:

theyll be gettin an earfull of me next week if they dont give me the network unlock codes for it!!!!!! no way am i payin again to get it unlocked!

If it was NAC unlocked I'd doubt the relock it, but if it was done by changing the region code then a full reset to the phone would cause it to "lock" again per say(though it was never truly unlocked).

delly wrote: »
    Hi larchielads, I'm just wondering if the repair sorted the issue? I have the same problem with my S3 mini, once I answer and say hello, whoever is on the other end doesn't hear it, so maybe 3 to 4 second delay. Very frustrating.

hi delly, got my phone fixed originally came back as a software update no less but the same thing happened again so brought it back last week hopin to get it tommorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Southern Belle

hi delly, got my phone fixed originally came back as a software update no less but the same thing happened again so brought it back last week hopin to get it tommorrow

Samsung S3 mini around 12 months into 18 month warranty has started restarting itself randomly. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Start with determining if it's an issue with an app VERSUS an issue with the phone.
    So, put her into safe mode - whereby only the apps that came with the phone are active.
    If it still reboots, the problem is with the phone.
    If it does not keep rebooting, the problem is with an app.

Advertisement