Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning off Hold and Cold Water

Options
  • 07-04-2013 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Howdy,

Could someone please tell me how to turn off the Hot & Cold water from the hot press ? I have turned off cold before when taking out a toilet using the mains outside house and draining system down but I'm not sure which valve does what on in the hotpress.

We have a Tempra 18 boiler in the kitchen it that helps :)

Much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

the valve u are looking for will be on the other side of cylinder.it will/should be on a pipe feeding the bottom of cylinder.it is ur feed to cylinder and by isolating the feed to cylinder u are isolating the hot water.there should be a valve on this pipe,turn it off and run off hot water downstairs to make sure u are right.there should also be valve for cold isolation in hot press,although not always.it will be on a pipe coming from attic tank.valve may also be located on the pipe coming off tank in attic or in bathroomor if on none of the above u can tie up ballcock in water tank and run taps but thats last resort as u should have isolation valves

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭timefora_J

Just so we on the same sheet here I took another pic of the left side.

So I will turn off cold from outside house and use something to turn the new valve in the picture

Thanks for the help gdavis

yes new pic is the right pipe ,further up along this u should have a valve for ur hot. u should not have to turn water off outside.u should have valve for cold too,i edited my post above. DONT TOUCH FITTING U TOOK PIC OF,THAT IS A DRAIN OFF. valve will be higher up

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭timefora_J

Your dead right gdavis there are more valves in the hot press further up.

So from what you said am I right in saying the one on the left is the hot water supply and the one on the right for the cold ?

Just tried it and they turned off water straight away, a lot easier this way, cheers gdavis

Can I also ask ya if the fittings I got are the right ones ? chap in B&Q said they will do the job for capping off the copper pipe where the sink is.

they are half inch blanks and will blank pipes to sink.if pipes are copper u dont need the black inserts,if they qualplex u do.if copper make sure no paint on pipe and its cut square and no dents kink in pipe where u push cap on.dont cut pipes on/near a bend in pipe

• Advertisement
Advertisement