Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redoing my leaving cert question?

Options
  • 07-04-2013 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭

I done my leaving cert about 3 years ago and since then I have left school, had a few temp jobs but for the last year or so I have done sweet FA..

My school had me in the LCA leaving cert but I just never tried and to be honest I don't even know my result but it wouldn't have been good anyway.

I'm just wondering is there anyway that I could redo my 'normal' leaving cert from home? I'm currently receiving a job seekers allowance and atleast would like to have a decent leaving cert behind me, Can anyone advise me here? I'd rather do it from home as I just wouldn't be able to go back to working with a group of people...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

Yes, you just pay to sit your LC as an external student through examinations.ie :)

But you will have to be very focused as it's very easy to get distracted at home...

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

what borrch said,

I dont think doing it at home would be a good idea, i was in the same boat as you and im about to sit in june but I'm doing it with a class of adults from 18-40 years old, hated school when i was there but this is more of a college setting and i have to say i love it, you should be entitled to some form of payment aswell depending on how long you have signed on for, what part of the world are you in if you dont mind me asking?

Advertisement