Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

33 and wanting to play!!

Options
  • 07-04-2013 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Id love to play some gaa ball or hurling, im 33 in good enough shape play astro etc but id really like to be playing gaa in some form. Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Join your local club.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭howiya

Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 hould on hey

Any junior b team would kill To have a fairly fit 33 year old on The bench

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

definitely go for it but be warned its not a walk in the park, i played all during my school days and youth but missed out on 4 years playing due to college and work. Started back this year, 3 months in and I'm miles behind where I thought I would be...mind you I played soccer for my local club and college during the 4 years so I wasn't exactly out of shape but GAA demands so much more......Love being back do, no better sport!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

As the other posters have said here, any Junior B team would be delighted to have you, do a bit of work on your own though to get your striking right, don't expect too many training sessions for Junior B, a wall is all you need really, if you don't have 1 just get a golf driving net and that'll get you used to hitting/kicking the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Upthedubs32

Thanks all!!! Yea i totally agree not going to be a walk in the park....going to get in touch with my local junior b team and see how it goes..

Advertisement