Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destroying my phone

Options
  • 07-04-2013 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

I hate my Samsung Nexus S, a viscous hatred that seeps into my bones. So I'm getting a new one after 22 months of bullspit. It's the only source of stress in my life. It's painfully slow, I get error messages asking if I want to close the app or wait, I wait because I know it's coming. When my alarm goes off and I pick up the phone to snooze just before I press snooze the screen flips 90 degrees and the snooze button goes where the dismiss button was and vice versa.

I was planning on using my old phone till it upset me and then either flake it a the ground with all my force, or indeed just snapping the fucker, at least trying.

But there must be a better way, there's gotta be something that will give me the satisfaction of destroying the damn thing while also being more devastating than just breaking it. What say you??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

Give to me?
    My phone fell into the toilet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

MadPatrick wrote: »
    I hate my Samsung Nexus S, a viscous hatred that seeps into my bones. So I'm getting a new one after 22 months of bullspit. It's the only source of stress in my life. It's painfully slow, I get error messages asking if I want to close the app or wait, I wait because I know it's coming. When my alarm goes off and I pick up the phone to snooze just before I press snooze the screen flips 90 degrees and the snooze button goes where the dismiss button was and vice versa.

I was planning on using my old phone till it upset me and then either flake it a the ground with all my force, or indeed just snapping the fucker, at least trying.

But there must be a better way, there's gotta be something that will give me the satisfaction of destroying the damn thing while also being more devastating than just breaking it. What say you??

Calm down, just do a factory reset. Android slows and gets buggy over time just like windows. A factory reset and it will be like new.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

you know you can lock the screen rotation so it doesnt flip right? and if your apps are slow either do a reset or clear a bunch out you could be low on memory, having a million of them open at once will slow everything down as well, closing an app doesnt fully close it it just puts it in the background unless you wipe all your open apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

sounds like a case of a bad workman and his tools

just delete some stuff off your phone and turn off auto-rotate. Bam! brand new phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

MadPatrick wrote: »
    It's the only source of stress in my life.

I wish mine was the only source of stress in my life.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I'd like to know the results :cool:

Edit: Oops didn't see Matt's post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭Truncheon Rouge

This thread makes me think of windows 8.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

This thread makes me think of windows 8.

Ah just get rid of Metro and it's graaandd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

Connect it to a weather balloon and send it flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Hamiltonion

Shoulda bought an iPhone;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Dig a hole in your garage then put the phone in a safe and bury the safe in the hole. Then you move house and watch hilarity ensue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭MadPatrick

No, the thing's fucked. I get all the latest updates, deleted all my pics and most of the apps and still no change. It drops calls and shits itself every couple of days so I have to restart it. I don't live in a cave away from civilisation so I got told all the solutions suggested here.
    I got my Galaxy 2 today so I might take a hammer to it. I don't have a blender :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

You seem like an in appropriately angry man OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭gavindublin

Strap a banger to it and stick it up a cat's... Aw sorry wrong day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Complete factory reset?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭MadPatrick

Not a complete factory reset. My bad.

I really don't see how a factory reset will destroy it though:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭paulbok

Bring a fold up chair with you, drop the phone in the middle of O'Connell St, Shout out at the top of your voice that there's a big wrap of heroin inside it. Now sit back and enjoy your own remake of "Dawn of The Dead" as all the nearby junkies tear it apart to feast on the supposed goodness inside.
    If you've gotten your new phone by then, record it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Shoot it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Thermite. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

send it into space.

if it comes back, cool. you got an item that was in space.

if not, then at least it's a few hours of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Do a factory reset and flog it on Ebay. Then laugh as you imagine it annoying the feck out of some other poor backstard

Advertisement