Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Independent domestic water testing - anyone recommend a lab?

Options
  • 07-04-2013 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,003 ✭✭✭✭

I am seriously considering getting a water softener fitted, but would like to get an independent test done on my water first.

Can anyone recommend an Irish based lab or company that has done one for them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Water Tecnology Cork will test your water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭.243

nj power and company ltd in ballymount business park in dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

There are many in each area. The best thing to do is contact your local authority & ask which lab is acceptable to them. If you test for all chemicals, metals, etc. & your home is over seven years old, you may qualify for a grant of upto 75% of the cost of the remedial works. The mistake many people do is use a lab that is not on the approved list for your LA.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Crazyivan 1979

you just need to use one that holds accreditation for the particular set of parameters that want tested for. If you want a full list of accredited labs in Ireland go to the INAB (Irish National Accreditation Board) website.

PM me if you want any additional info, I work in the chemical testing area.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Public Analyist Laboratory, lower grand canal street Dublin

• Advertisement
Advertisement