Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching Courses

Options
  • 07-04-2013 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

I'm in first year in a computer science course and I'm not overly happy. Basically one of the possible plans is to do a pre-arts PLC course next year then go into UCD/NUIM arts. The thing I have a question about is fees. From what I understand I need to pay the first year fees. But I also heard you get 4 years free fees and the arts courses are only three year long courses so could I possibly not have to pay the fees considering altogether it was 4 years of higher education? Also, does the PLC course have any effect on this either?

Any help would be great, thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Bonavox wrote: »
    I'm in first year in a computer science course and I'm not overly happy. Basically one of the possible plans is to do a pre-arts PLC course next year then go into UCD/NUIM arts. The thing I have a question about is fees. From what I understand I need to pay the first year fees. But I also heard you get 4 years free fees and the arts courses are only three year long courses so could I possibly not have to pay the fees considering altogether it was 4 years of higher education? Also, does the PLC course have any effect on this either?

Any help would be great, thanks. :)

You will probably have to pay the following

fees for the plc
    full fees for year 1 of the new course

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Just a bump to get some clarification if I can :)

I got a letter from a college and they said the PLC course is €460 but for non-EU students it's €4114. I am an EU student but because I'm dropping out of my current course that fee doesn't apply does it? Do I just still pay for €460?

Thanks!

Advertisement