Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mozilla fire fox help

Options
  • 06-04-2013 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

hi
    have this problem about a month or so , just thought it might be a problem with the hard drive , but last night got some time to mess around with the computor , you know how it is , no kids around ,
    when ever i try to update my fire fox , i kept getting message

your computor must be restarted to complete a previous upgrade of fire fox , do you want to reboot

which i did ,
    but when computor came back on the same thing would happen .
    i gave up , did not think much of it as fire fox which i was using seemed ok
    then i noticed the the flag at bottom of the screen , which in formed me the my windows security was disabled ,
    i tried to switch it back on to no avail .
    even googled to make sure i was doing it correctly .
    so i thought it might be my antivirus , checked that .
    but when i tried to udate the antivirus ,
    i got the
    mozilla fire fox message telling me my computor must be restarted to allow a previous upgrade of firefox .
    so last night i went into uninstall programs and uninstalled fire fox in the admin , which seem to have removed it , i then went into the other part of my computor , the guest , went into uninstall program and saw the firefox had being removed , but there was still an install folder showning for morilla fire fox . so right clicked to uninstall ,
    but got the message telling me ,
    your computor must be restarted to complete previous upgrade of firefox,
    how do i get rid of it ,
    it has to be a virus , i have scannned with spybot and alivira
    all help appreciated .
    thanks in advance

Advertisement