Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lad claiming injury after he had none after the Car crash incident to the Gardai

Options
  • 06-04-2013 2:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

5 months back I had a minor car crash on the road.

I was driving with a long safe distance from the car ahead of me. Suddenly I find the car ahead of me started doing 360* spins (2 spins), I braked my car slowly and found black ice wouldn't let the car speed down, I pressed the warning lights straight away when at 40km/hr, I braked and braked untill Car went skidding at 10 km/hr and hit the front car on rear left from my car's front right side (During the time of the hit both cars nearly came to a stand still).

With the black ice on roads, the car in front of me skidded perpendicular and off the road. The way the car was spinning It blocked me completely, I couldn't go right of the car as the oncoming cars could have made a collision with me.

All in all, I went out and asked the driver if he was safe - Driver replied he was grand. He said he was getting late going to work and kept checking on the phone. When he checked the phone this time and put it back on the seat, he noticed he was nearly off road, in attempt to bring the car back on road he skidded and this crash occured.

Technically I get asked 2 questions, 1) Were you driving behind the car you tipped ?., and 2) Did you tip the car which was standing on your way ?.

The answer is Yes to both question, which lands you in fault.

Gardai take the statement and concludes black ice as active god.

Both drivers shake hands after looking after each other's damages.

Next thing the guy texts me saying he is going to Insurance claiming car damages (a broken tail light and a minor dent!!) which went worth 4000 Euro.

This was all 4-5 months ago.

I recently recieved a phone call from a third party outsourced accident investigator saying that the person involved has filed a injury claim. Now ! I am a 100 % sure that the person was completely safe, and that is the statement he gave to the Gardai too, and he is only claiming false medical claim.

I am meeting the accident investigator on crash site and will extend full co-operation to my Insurance company. Just that I want to prove this claim is terribly false and Null and Void and the person is harrassing making claims. How do I go about it ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement