Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling flights for one person from a group..

Options
  • 05-04-2013 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Looking for some advice. Myself, my mother and brother have booked to go to New York in July. Booked flights with Tour America.

However, my friends are now booking to go in November. I would prefer to go with them.

I'm just wondering, would it be possible to cancel one person from the flight without effecting the other two?

And if so, would there be a cancellation fee? I'm pretty sure the flights are with Aer Lingus.

The flights were booked separately, myself and my mam booked together and then a few weeks later my brother booked.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭MarkyMark22

I should also add, only a €150 deposit was paid for each flight and I'm not looking for a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,404 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

http://www.touramerica.ie/terms/Terms.pdf
    6. ALTERATION BY THE CONSUMER If you the consumer merely wish to alter the package after acceptance, we will make every attempt to facilitate you. Any request for a change must be made in writing and accompanied by a payment of €150.00 per individual amendment (for a maximum of 2 passengers) and €100.00 per additional passenger thereafter (an administration non-refundable fee). If we are able to make the appropriate adjustments on the holiday, we will make the appropriate price adjustments on the price of the holiday, by either refunding you the difference between the original price and the revised price or requesting payment of an increased amount. Once travel has commenced, no changes or alterations may be made by the Consumer and no refunds shall be made by the Consumer and no refunds shall be made in respect of flights or other travel arrangements, which are not availed of. Alteration by the Consumer (for Cruise Holidays) If you the Consumer, wish to alter the package after acceptance, we will make every attempt to facilitate you. For all changes an amendment fee of €40 per person per booking will be payable together with any costs incurred by ourselves and any costs or charges incurred or imposed by any of our suppliers. For flight inclusive bookings, you must pay the charges levied by the airline concerned. As most airlines do not permit name changes after tickets have been issued for any reason, these charges are likely to be the full cost of the ticket. If you request a change within 56 days of departure, this will be treated as a cancellation of your original booking andactions of any other person who is listed on this Booking Form either or both of the following incidents occur: (i) there is a delay or diversion to the means of transportation the subject of this contract; (ii) the accommodation in which the Consumer is staying damaged; the Consumer hereby agrees to indemnify the Organiser against any claim (including legal costs) made against the Organiser in relation to the occurrence of such incidents.
    Pursuant to Regulation EC261/04 airline passengers are granted rights including in certain circumstances the right to cancel their flight and receive reimbursement of the
    cost of the flight from their airline. Full details of these rights will be publicised at EU airports and will also be available from affected airlines.
    HOWEVER, YOU SHOULD NOTE THAT REIMBURSEMENT OF THE COST OF A FLIGHT THAT FORMS PART OF YOUR HOLIDAY IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF YOUR HOLIDAY AIRLINE
    AND WILL NOT AUTOMATICALLY ENTITLE YOU TO REIMBURSEMENT OF THE COST OF
    YOUR HOLIDAY FROM US.

Advertisement