Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gillette Fusion Proglide - €6.92

Options
  • 05-04-2013 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭

In Super Valu Glanmire.

It's the razor plus one cartridge. Olympic and normal version.
    They also have the "power" version for a euro or two more.

The replacement cartridges are still ridiculously expensive @ €15.59 for 4!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

You can get the replacement cartridges from a range of sites much cheaper. Plus I can highly recommend the 'razorpit' which extends the life of cartridges enormously (they claim up to 150 times). I cannot standover 150 yet but the current cartridge I am using is the same one I was using when I got the razorpit so it really does work. You can get the razorpit on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

+1 on the razorpit - really extends the life of a blade by months !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Soarer wrote: »
    In Super Valu Glanmire.

It's the razor plus one cartridge. Olympic and normal version.
    They also have the "power" version for a euro or two more.

The replacement cartridges are still ridiculously expensive @ €15.59 for 4!

11 fusion blades plus handle for €25 in dunnes. The razor put does help, but if youre having a shave with the same blade for the 150th time, it aint gonna be gliding across your skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

kn/ richardw001 please could you post me a link to a webpage with more detail on the razorpit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

• Advertisement

kn/ richardw001 please could you post me a link to a webpage with more detail on the razorpit?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Razorpit-RP-O-B-Razor-Blade-Sharpener/dp/B004W2UMDW

Combine it with a Gillette Fusion Proglide 4 or 8 pack to get the free delivery.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gillette-Fusion-ProGlide-Manual-Blades/dp/B008BH9B0Y/ref=sr_1_5?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1365238369&sr=1-5&keywords=gillette+fusion+proglide+blades

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

+1 on the razorpit - really extends the life of a blade by months !

+1 again

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Is that site safe?
    I'm sorry- with all the spelling mistakes on it, and a claim to have somehow patented friction technology- it seems like something out of someone's imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

A pair of old denim jeans is just as good as the razor pit

Princess Petuila Pissy Pants and kn thanks for providing the links, appreciated.

Bidiots no offence intended but is that meant to be a sarcastic reply? Genuine question as I'm a bit green on these things. How does a pair of old jeans keep your blades sharp?...assuming your response isin't a sarcastic one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Princess Petuila Pissy Pants and kn thanks for providing the links, appreciated.

Bidiots no offence intended but is that meant to be a sarcastic reply? Genuine question as I'm a bit green on these things. How does a pair of old jeans keep your blades sharp?...assuming your response isin't a sarcastic one

The fibers in the jeans act to sharpen and clean the blades

Kevin! wrote: »
    The fibers in the jeans act to sharpen and clean the blades

Really, never knew that! I learn something new every day. Thanks

Jusy rub the denim off the balde for a min or 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Cut the leg off an old pair of denim's, run the blade along a few times and you will see that it clears the blades of clogged stubble. this is essentially what the razorpit does....

• Registered Users Posts: 64,974 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I have a very heavy beard with the hairs growing in lots of different directions. I only shave once every 3 days

I use the jeans method. I get about 15 shaves out of a blade. Without the jeans method I get about 5-6 shaves out of a blade

Will the razorpit make a significant improvement to the number of shaves I can get out of a blade compared to the jeans method?

unkel wrote: »
    I have a very heavy beard with the hairs growing in lots of different directions. I only shave once every 3 days

I use the jeans method. I get about 15 shaves out of a blade. Without the jeans method I get about 5-6 shaves out of a blade

Will the razorpit make a significant improvement to the number of shaves I can get out of a blade compared to the jeans method?

Should do. I have been using the same cartridge for months now. But then again I do not have a beard and my hair does not seem to grow that fast so once every circa 2-3 days does me. As a guide I would have been finding Mach 3 blades dulling on me after 6-8 uses whereas with the razorpit it has been going for months now (i.e. circa maybe 40+ shaves and still going strong).

• Registered Users Posts: 64,974 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Thanks kn :)

I had ordered the yoke from Amazon already. I'll let you all know how I'll get on with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

bidiots wrote: »
    Cut the leg off an old pair of denim's, run the blade along a few times and you will see that it clears the blades of clogged stubble. this is essentially what the razorpit does....

Run it which way, along the length of the blade or top to bottom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Advertisement