Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble viewing eStatement

Options
  • 05-04-2013 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

I recently got a text telling me my latest eStatement was ready for viewing, but when i click on it I just get a blank page. I saved it to my documents and have tried various pdf readers to open it but always get the same error message saying file is corrupt or damaged.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi ciarraibhoy,

Thanks for your post. Can you let us know what internet browser you're using?

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

Hi ciarraibhoy,

Thanks for your post. Can you let us know what internet browser you're using?

Thanks
    Pat
    Hi Pat,

I'm using Mozilla Firefox Version 20.0

Hi ciarraibhoy,

We have recently been made aware of an issue recently where customers are having problems viewing eStatements when using newer versions of Firefox. This is due to Mozilla including their PDF viewer as the default option.

To fix the issue that you are having, please first ensure that you have Adobe Reader installed. Next, log into 365Online and try to open an eStatement. This will open a blank window with a notification bar at the top. On the right hand side of the notification bar you should see a button labelled 'Open With Different Viewer'. Please click on this button. You will then need to set Adobe reader as the default PDF viewer and restart your browser.
    Once you have restarted Firefox, you should have no issues opening or viewing eStatements. Please note: You will need to re-download any eStatements again once you have completed the steps above. Any eStatements that were downloaded before the change of PDF viewer may not open regardless of which viewer that you use.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

Hi ciarraibhoy,

We have recently been made aware of an issue recently where customers are having problems viewing eStatements when using newer versions of Firefox. This is due to Mozilla including their PDF viewer as the default option.

To fix the issue that you are having, please first ensure that you have Adobe Reader installed. Next, log into 365Online and try to open an eStatement. This will open a blank window with a notification bar at the top. On the right hand side of the notification bar you should see a button labelled 'Open With Different Viewer'. Please click on this button. You will then need to set Adobe reader as the default PDF viewer and restart your browser.
    Once you have restarted Firefox, you should have no issues opening or viewing eStatements. Please note: You will need to re-download any eStatements again once you have completed the steps above. Any eStatements that were downloaded before the change of PDF viewer may not open regardless of which viewer that you use.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thanks
    Pat
    Hi Pat,

I have just done what you suggested but I got the following error message -

Adobe Reader could not open 'eStatement.PDF' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged.

Hi ciarraibhoy,

Can I ask are you trying to open an eStatement that you have previously downloaded or have you tried to view it straight from 365Online? Also, are you trying to download the eStatement or view it?

Pat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Hi

Hope I'm not hijacking :)

I had the same issue this morning. I use Firefox and I was getting the same PDF error message 'eStatement.PDF'

I then used internet explorer and I was able to view and download them straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

In Firefox, select Tools>Options>Applications. Scroll down to "Portable Document Format (PDF)". Change to "Use Adobe Reader (default)". Click OK to save.

I'd delete any previously downloaded bank statement PDF format files that seem damaged and download them again. Should be able to view them this time. Worked for me.

Advertisement