Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council grant for grass cutting?

Options
  • 05-04-2013 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭

I heard there was an advertisement by the council in the paper last week about some grant for neighborhood grass cutting.
    I searched their website but couldn't find a thing on it. Anybody have any idea on what this is, or if it even exists?

I live in a neighborhood with a large green and there's nobody to cut it. It gets very annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

why don't you cut it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I cut ours and dont get a cent for it. I do it to make the area look nice :) I love the smell of fresh cut grass and the smell of petrol from the strimmer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Bowlardo wrote: »
    why don't you cut it?

I do, and its a pain in the ass. If there's a grant then I'm going to avail of it. Just wondering if anybody knows about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Nothing like contributing to the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

I heard there was an advertisement by the council in the paper last week about some grant for neighborhood grass cutting.
    I searched their website but couldn't find a thing on it. Anybody have any idea on what this is, or if it even exists?

I live in a neighborhood with a large green and there's nobody to cut it. It gets very annoying.

I'm too lazy to read the whole article at the moment but I think you right,I must look into it further for our own estate.

"A maximum grant of €300 is payable, subject to submission of receipted expenditure of at least €600. A proportionate grant will be paid where expenditure is less than €600. In the case of an estate with 175 houses or more, a maximum grant of €600 is payable, subject to submission of receipted expenditure of at least €1,200.
    Mr Cleary said grass cutting is carried out by Ennis Town Council in council estates only and some grass areas on approach roads in the town. In general, grass cutting is the responsibility of residents in private estates.
    When the council takes over finished estates, it does not include grass cutting. Most estates arrange to collect a contribution from residents for the cost of community environmental projects such as flower/shrub/tree planting, grass cutting and maintenance. "

http://www.clarechampion.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9821:primed-for-a-cut-in-funding&catid=55:ennis&Itemid=56

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

KK4SAM wrote: »
    I'm too lazy to read the whole article at the moment but I think you right,I must look into it further for our own estate.

"A maximum grant of €300 is payable, subject to submission of receipted expenditure of at least €600. A proportionate grant will be paid where expenditure is less than €600. In the case of an estate with 175 houses or more, a maximum grant of €600 is payable, subject to submission of receipted expenditure of at least €1,200.
    Mr Cleary said grass cutting is carried out by Ennis Town Council in council estates only and some grass areas on approach roads in the town. In general, grass cutting is the responsibility of residents in private estates.
    When the council takes over finished estates, it does not include grass cutting. Most estates arrange to collect a contribution from residents for the cost of community environmental projects such as flower/shrub/tree planting, grass cutting and maintenance. "

http://www.clarechampion.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9821:primed-for-a-cut-in-funding&catid=55:ennis&Itemid=56

Eh, too bad I dont have any of the receipts for the lawnmower petrol, maintenance, and bags etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

Eh, too bad I dont have any of the receipts for the lawnmower petrol, maintenance, and bags etc.

I'll issue you with backdated receipts for YOU cutting our grass and you reciprocate, and we'll be sorted.:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

If ye form a residents committee, the council will give ye lots of help and advice and there are lots of grants available, estate beside me got a grant of a few thousand to buy a ride-on lawnmower. the council have a residents committee liaison officer I think.

Advertisement