Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet another jobbridge dilemma

Options
  • 05-04-2013 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

OK gonna go anon for this.

I got offered a jobbridge placement before Easter, sent off the forms at my local office, they seemed to know very little about it, my community welfare officer didn't even seem to know what Jobbridge is.

So I was asked to come in Tuesday, did three days this week. The manager has forms she is supposed to fill out, but she hasn't done it yet. I don't think these are forms that are supposed to be sent away, I think they're just for her own records. So I'm wondering; how do I know when I'm cleared to actually work, will they ring me or write to me?

I'm an awkward position now as I can't exactly refuse to work until the clearance comes, and tbh it's doing me good to get out of the house.

Also, I've got an interview for another jobbridge placement I applied for ages ago the week after next. This placement is more relevant to my career but I have no transport to get there, but anyway. So if I get that, what happens with the first placement as regards SW?

And if I get a real job in the meantime, then what? Can I just quit jobbridge??

Any help is much appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Answers to your questions and much more on the JobBridge site:

Commencement on the internship is dependant on DSP confirming the
    individual’s eligibility...

One week’s notice must be given by either party. The HO must logon to their
    JobBridge account and enter the early completion (finish date) immediately after early completion date...

If you get paid work that is great! If you get a job during the placement you are under no obligation to stay, again you should give the HO, DSP and JobBridge one weeks’ notice that you are leaving...

http://www.jobbridge.ie/toolkit/faqintern.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Balagan wrote: »

JobBridge account and enter the early completion (finish date) immediately after early completion date...

If you get paid work that is great! If you get a job during the placement you are under no obligation to stay, again you should give the HO, DSP and JobBridge one weeks’ notice that you are leaving...

Thanks Balagan. I've started tho. I can't exactly quit; I'm not getting any extra money like.

I'm worried they'll catch me out even tho I'm not doing anything wrong, I'm working unpaid!!

Also, got my letter saying my job seekers is due to expire today, what's the story with sending that back if I've got job bridge?!

It's like the left hand doesn't know what the right hands doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Balagan wrote: »

Hi Balagan, thanks for the info. I've already started tho, so how strict on that will they be? Haven't got paid or anything and I can hardly walk out now at this stage?

Also today I got a letter saying my PRSI contributions are up so my Jobseekers allowance will come to an end? How does this work with jobbridge?

I am so beyond fed up and frustrated with this system, all I want to do is work and they can't even let me do that for half nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

You need to go to your local Dept of Social Protection office asap and be upfront about being on the internship already and try to get that sorted out as well as the expiry of your Jobseekers Benefit and your need to apply for Jobseekers Allowance.

Advertisement