Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Approx cost of underfloor heating in bathroom/ensuites?

Options
  • 05-04-2013 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,002 ✭✭✭✭

Thinking of renovating my main bathroom soon (and maybe an ensuite at same time) and was wondering if there would be a rough cost of what it would cost per sq ft to install underfloor/tile heating?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭eddieham

Assuming you mean electric underfloor, they tend to be around 150 watts per square metre, check manufacturer specs as they differ.

Some simple calculations, using your bathroom floor area and electricity suppliers costs will give you approximate per hour usage.
    Running costs will depend a lot on you, i.e what temp you want to run it at and how long in the day you do this for.

Note; some manufacturers recommend for floor warming only and not to be used for full room heating.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭310

if you have radiators cheap option use return pipe from rad loop around bathroom and put trv on radiator

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

310 wrote: »
    if you have radiators cheap option use return pipe from rad loop around bathroom and put trv on radiator

Thats crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 33,002 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Was looking for cost of install, not the cost to run. I don't think that will be an issue as it will not be used for long periods, only for warming the floor slightly around the times of baths/showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭eddieham

Apologies, mistook the OP.
    As for install costs cant help with that, many factors involved and will be hard to estimate without getting an installer to take a look

Here's a link for meteor that will give you an idea of mat and stat costs, available from most wholesalers in various brands
    Call into your local electrical wholesaler, they will give you a better idea of costs and should be able to give you a name of some local installers/electricians

http://www.meteorelectrical.com/index.html?search=underfloor

further info

http://www.atc.ie/heating_ventilation/documents/UFH.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

NIMAN wrote: »
    Was looking for cost of install, not the cost to run. I don't think that will be an issue as it will not be used for long periods, only for warming the floor slightly around the times of baths/showers.

For low usage intermittent heating you would be better going with electric UFH rather than a wet system.

Advertisement