Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus route help?

Options
  • 05-04-2013 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

hi,

First of all I want to thank you all on this forum, I've come a few times to ask for public transportation directions and it was always super helpful!

One more request if I may: I need to go to the Leisureplex in Stillorgan and will be leaving from around the gallops Luas stop. No car as always...

Help?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,025 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Bus option is either a 63 from the Gallops to Kill Avenue junction on the Stillorgan DC and a 46A/145 to Stillorgan or a 44 to Dundrum and a 75 from the Luas station. The 63 and 44/75 are not regular so be warned, you could be a while waiting on them.

You may be as well in time terms to get the Luas to Sandyford or Stillorgan and walk the rest of the way, either down Brewery Road or Stillorgan Wood but it's a good walk all told and uphill on the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

MaudL wrote: »
    hi,

First of all I want to thank you all on this forum, I've come a few times to ask for public transportation directions and it was always super helpful!

One more request if I may: I need to go to the Leisureplex in Stillorgan and will be leaving from around the gallops Luas stop. No car as always...

Help?

Thanks!

The 47 connects you directly. Board at the top of Ballyogan Road/Glencairn Heath. This bus stops opposite Leisureplex in Stillorgan Village.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MaudL

Thanks to both. It looks like the 47 bus will be the winner.

I'm trying to figure out timetables and such - When you say Stillorgan Village, do you mean stop number 2066?

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

MaudL wrote: »
    Thanks to both. It looks like the 47 bus will be the winner.

I'm trying to figure out timetables and such - When you say Stillorgan Village, do you mean stop number 2066?

Thanks again

You'd be slightly quicker getting out at the previous stop - 3321, alongside the shopping centre near Tesco. The bus then goes up to the lights at the Leisureplex and turns left into the Old Dublin Road along the other side of the shopping centre.

It's probably the same walking distance from both stops to the Leisureplex but you'd avoid the delay on the bus at the lights by getting off at 3321.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,583 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Use www.dublinbus.ie/rtpi to check bus times for the stop that you are boarding at - the stop number is on the bus stop head.

I would advise being at the stop at the time the bus is due to leave Belarmine.

Timetable is here:
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/471/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Bus option is either a 63 from the Gallops to Kill Avenue junction on the Stillorgan DC and a 46A/145 to Stillorgan or a 44 to Dundrum and a 75 from the Luas station. The 63 and 44/75 are not regular so be warned, you could be a while waiting on them.

You may be as well in time terms to get the Luas to Sandyford or Stillorgan and walk the rest of the way, either down Brewery Road or Stillorgan Wood but it's a good walk all told and uphill on the way home.

The 75 doesn't stop at the Luas, it runs up the back of the shopping centre and past the Garda Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MaudL

thank you so much everyone for your help!

Advertisement