Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WOLFTONE COMMEMORATION MEDAL 1798-1898 INFO

Options
  • 05-04-2013 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

WOLFTONE COMMEMORATION MEDAL 1798-1898 INFO WOULD BE WELCOMED

The Medal is a very light circular metal (possibly pewter), dated 1798 -1898. On one side we believe is a side profile engraving of Wolfe Tone encircled with garlands of shamrock and has a small bow directly underneath profile.

On the reverse side there is a shamrock with three different images in the leafs. Top 1- Is the image of a bright shining celestial body above a bunch each of (we think) barley and wheat.

In the right hand leaf the image is of a dog lying on a beach watching a rising sun with what looks like a lighthouse in the foreground.

In the left hand leaf there is an image of a lady sitting on the rocks with a harp and again a lighthouse in the background.

Below the shamrock stem is another harp with a ribbon with the dates stated above on each side (1798 -1898)
    In the center of the shamrock there is a small engraving of what can either be another shamrock or possibly a cross depending on which way you look at it.

I would be grateful for any information that you could provide me with and look forward to any correspondence.I Have sent an image of the item showing both sides....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

OK, I'm going to leave this here for the time being but you have now posted the same question across a variety of forums on boards.ie (some posts going back to 2010) and this could be seen as spamming. Just be aware of this, please.

Advertisement