Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dont Laugh !

Options
  • 05-04-2013 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭

I am looking at installing a sound system into my house but I aint got a clue how or where to start.

I was looking at this amp:
    http://www.adverts.ie/home-audio/yamaha-rx-v473-black-av-receiver/2804103

so I think i should start my questions from that...

If I run a 79 strand speaker cable to desired speaker locations in the sitting room then I can terminate them into the amp..correct?

I then can buy a set of quality speakers and hook them up ?

My Samsung TV audio would then come from this amp/speakers when hooked up?
    How does the TV talk to the amp ?

I will be purchasing a tripple tuner STB (amiko alien 2) do i then hook that into the amp?

I was also thinking of running speaker cable to the kitchen celings, does this amp allow zones?

Sorry about all the questions, and all recommendations welcome be they hardware, wiring or configuration

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭tmull

I know fa about amps but surely a phone call to that store would answer all your questions. TMULL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 ilovesuarez

that receiver will not give you zones, you'd have to step up to another model to get a second zone (7.2 system), or if you are after more than 2 zones your probably gonna have to look at a multi-room audio system like Russound or something which will cost alot more i'd imagine.

Advertisement