Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Single Rads with Double Finned. Is it straighforward replacement?

Options
  • 05-04-2013 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I have 3 rads I want to replace. 2 of the rads are single finned. one is the old style double rad. I want to replace all 3 with doubled finned rads. Is it a straight forward swap. Someone told me the plumbing will have to be adjusted for the double finned rad connection points. The connections will be further from the wall than the current rads. So the plumbing out of the flooring was designed for the older rads. Surely if this is the case there is a connector piece I can use.

2 of the rads seem to have tough rubber plumbing that could be bent if need be but I dont think thats a good idea?

Thanks
    Alan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

allycavs wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I have 3 rads I want to replace. 2 of the rads are single finned. one is the old style double rad. I want to replace all 3 with doubled finned rads. Is it a straight forward swap. Someone told me the plumbing will have to be adjusted for the double finned rad connection points. The connections will be further from the wall than the current rads. So the plumbing out of the flooring was designed for the older rads. Surely if this is the case there is a connector piece I can use.

2 of the rads seem to have tough rubber plumbing that could be bent if need be but I dont think thats a good idea?

Thanks
    Alan

When you say tough rubber do you mean qualpex piping? Pics always help

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭allycavs

I dont know tbh. I tnink the piping can be used above surface but not below surface if that can answer your question. Does this sound like a potential problem though? chnaging rads of the same width but having them double finned means the plumbing m,ay not line up with the connection on the rads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

allycavs wrote: »
    I dont know tbh. I tnink the piping can be used above surface but not below surface if that can answer your question. Does this sound like a potential problem though? chnaging rads of the same width but having them double finned means the plumbing m,ay not line up with the connection on the rads?

If the pipes are flexible like qualpex then it'll work fine but look terrible. If they're rigid pipes they won't be out from the wall enough

Advertisement