Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Leagues 2013

Options
  • 05-04-2013 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

With the new season just around the corner I thought I'd get this thread up and running as we seem to spend all our time talking about cricket outside the country!

What teams/players are people tipping for success this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

have to agree with the cricket leinster preview for Division 13, anything could happen. There isn't much between the teams based on last year

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

That review of div 13 seems to have rather unfairly written Sandyford and ourselves (NK) off as being midtable :mad: We are very much hoping to prove that wrong... :pac:

Quite looking forward to the coming season; not really sure what to expect of that division.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

djimi wrote: »
    That review of div 13 seems to have rather unfairly written Sandyford and ourselves (NK) off as being midtable :mad: We are very much hoping to prove that wrong... :pac:

Quite looking forward to the coming season; not really sure what to expect of that division.

That's the whole idea of previews, they're one person's opinion and they're out to be proved wrong. If I were you, I'd pin it to the changing room wall as a motivational tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

In fairness it reckons knockharley will be contenders for promotion but I know their skipper and he reckons they'll struggle this season

• Registered Users Posts: 47 JudgeRoyBean

TheDrog wrote: »
    In fairness it reckons knockharley will be contenders for promotion but I know their skipper and he reckons they'll struggle this season
    Given that its pretty much the same team that finished bottom of the same league last year I would expect them to struggle as well. They would have been better off dropping a division.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

Given that its pretty much the same team that finished bottom of the same league last year I would expect them to struggle as well. They would have been better off dropping a division.

They dropped some handy players to their team for a game last season, wouldn't surprise me if ringers are once again employed.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 JudgeRoyBean

Seems hard to believe given how far adrift they finished. They obviously don't have enough of them. Having said that there were plenty of teams last year employing the ringer.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

Email from the LCU today regarding renovations being done to the changing rooms at Bird Avenue. It included the gem "It does however mean that, for the 2013 season the facilities in Bird Avenue will be inadequate." Which got me thinking, have the facilities ever been adequate for any season?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

The one of the funniest things Ive ever heard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bobo148

Email from the LCU today regarding renovations being done to the changing rooms at Bird Avenue. It included the gem "It does however mean that, for the 2013 season the facilities in Bird Avenue will be inadequate." Which got me thinking, have the facilities ever been adequate for any season?

That is one of the funniest things that I have ever heard. Seriously.

• Advertisement
Advertisement