Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hot water cylinder

Options
  • 04-04-2013 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

How do I go about flushing a hot water cylinder . When I turn on the hot tap dirty water comes out for about 10 or 15 seconds ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭oikster

How old is your cylinder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭macbog

oikster wrote: »
    How old is your cylinder?

I think it's coming up on 10 years old . I had my attic insulated a year and a half ago with the expanding foam between the rafters and some of the foam went into the water tank in the attic . When I noticed the brown water coming from the tap I checked the tank in the attic and it was then I saw the foam in the water which appeared to be breaking down . I have since replaced the tank in the attic but I think the gunk has gone into the hot water tank . I was hoping I could flush it someway as I can't afford to replace it at this time . Sorry for being so long winded .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Your cold and hot water storage tanks and pipe-work can be cleaned out using a wet vac.
    For the hot water cylinder it will involve the removal of the immersion unit(s) to allow the tube in to clean around the bottom of the tank where sediment builds up.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Lidl have such a Vacuum at the moment. >>>

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Advertisement