Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mother needs legal advice

Options
  • 04-04-2013 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi everyone.
    I am in a dispute with my daughter's Father at the moment.We had her 3years ago when I was 18 and he 22.He came to live in my parents house in Galway (he is from Tipp)when she was born.I know this is wrong,but as we did not put his name on the birth cert as he told me I could claim lone parent allowance to help us in our struggling situation as he was unemployed and I working 10hours a week in a hairdressers,untrained.
    I worked my way up to more hours in the salon while he smoked weed and slept while my mother did most of the looking after my daughter when I was working (my mother unaware of his habit).
    We split a year ago as I saw that he had a bad hold over me and he never intended to find a job or do anything constructive.
    I have never stopped him from seeing his daughter but he would expect me to drive her to Tipp so he could spend time with her,go away and come back for her a couple of days later.
    He has now turned even nastier to me,his family screaming at me in front of my 3year old.I'm worried about my daughter when she is with him but I don't want to stop her from knowing her father.
    I need serious advice please and thank you to all!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Run away from AH... quite fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DwightSchrute1

looking for legal advice in AH is like looking for sex advice from a nun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Great Day For The Trolls.

Must Be National Troll Day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭amacca

Run away from AH... quite fast.

seconded...there is a personal issues forum which is much more suitable

best of luck with situation op

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

OP, sorry but I'm going to have to lock this partly because there'll be plenty of people who just want to take the piss, and also because we can't give out legal advice on this site. Best bet is to check with a solicitor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement