Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids Karate around Rush?

Options
  • 04-04-2013 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

I think there were lessons in Loughshinny community centre at some point a couple of years ago, but I've lost the contact number.

Can anyone recommend a class for a 6 year old boy? The closer to Rush the better.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

There's a Tae-Kwon-Do club in loughshinny alright. Is that the one you were thinking of? A lad up the road from me runs it. I can get you his number if you want it.

There is an MMA club in Rush too. They do boxing lessons too and have a kids class as far as I know. That's called Rush Fight Academy.

I would recommend either / be happy sending my own kids to either (edit: and in fact my son will probably give the MMA club a spin when he does 4th year next year).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

My boys do Tae Kwan Do in Skerries & as far as I know the chap who runs the classes (Martin O'Neill) also has a club in Rush. I'll see if I can dig out his number for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

On Tuesday and Thursday at 3.30 we do a kids martial arts class in a purpose built martial arts club we do bits of boxing, kicking and wrestling with them, officially the age is 7 but we take 6 year olds if their mature

Any questions just pm me. Paul

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Khannie wrote: »
    A lad up the road from me runs it. I can get you his number if you want it.

That would be great, thanks.

My boys do Tae Kwan Do in Skerries & as far as I know the chap who runs the classes (Martin O'Neill) also has a club in Rush. I'll see if I can dig out his number for you.

Appreciate it, cheers.

• Advertisement

cowzerp wrote: »
    On Tuesday and Thursday at 3.30 we do a kids martial arts class in a purpose built martial arts club we do bits of boxing, kicking and wrestling with them, officially the age is 7 but we take 6 year olds if their mature

Any questions just pm me. Paul

He's actually a tad on the immature side of 7, but thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Would recommend Rush Fight Academy. A good few lads from our G.A.A teams train with them and by all accounts its very good and well ran

• Registered Users Posts: 3 J145

The Rush And Lusk Karate Club train at Rush National School every Monday and Thursday evening from 8 to 9. The club takes kids from ages 8 and up so maybe in a year or two you could look at bringing him to the club.

Advertisement