Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vintage Insurance

Options
  • 04-04-2013 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know any shape or form of insurance company that will insure Vintages for under 25's?

There must be some way or another around it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

you could try fbd on a normal car policy I have my 28 year old car as a daily driver with them a lot of companies wont quote for cars over 10 years old , 123.ie informed me my car was a foreign reg because it didn't start with a zero or a one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

I would try Carole Nash, brokers for Groupama.

If you look at the sample conditions below being under 25 might exclude you from benefits like the hire of a car if your classic breaks down, but the wording seems to indicate that being under 25 is not a bar to cover of a classic car. I found them massively better than AXA, and although later did offer a close offer, Carole Nash have very good breakdown cover. Like most classic policies you need some sort of primary vehicle that isn't a classic like a van or maybe (in my case) many motorbikes. I only covered my classic with them over 25, but I'd ring to see.

http://ireland.carolenash.com/resources/IRELAND-Car-PW-July-2012.pdf

@Kasper, I find a lot of call centre staff either can barely cope their company system, or they make things up, but that dim bulb in 123.ie takes some beating. Have they ever seen a car with 98 D?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

there is a waa round it but it wont be any cheaper than insuring a newer car. The Companies are all wise to any attempt by an under 25 to get cheaper insurance by this route if that is the intention

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Absolutely no intention of trying to Get cheaper insurance.

My Dad has three classics and were always out on runs, going to shows etc. When I could be driving one, I'm left ton the passenger seat.

Money isn't the problem here's its just me having insurance.

I was going to buy myself a classic to have anyway which would obviously work out more expensive anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

part time trade policy LM ?

• Advertisement

Absolutely no intention of trying to Get cheaper insurance.

My Dad has three classics and were always out on runs, going to shows etc. When I could be driving one, I'm left ton the passenger seat.

Money isn't the problem here's its just me having insurance.

I was going to buy myself a classic to have anyway which would obviously work out more expensive anyway.

surely not a problem getting insurance, just you wont get Classic Cover. You'll have to pay top price for an ordinary policy with no NCB. Many firms wont touch older cars but several will.

corktina wrote: »
    surely not a problem getting insurance, just you wont get Classic Cover. You'll have to pay top price for an ordinary policy with no NCB. Many firms wont touch older cars but several will.

I have 5 years Ncb. Taking out my own policy on them isn't an option as they're not my cars, if its the case there's no way around it I'll just have to buy an E30 or the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

pleasure doing business...

Pleasure was all mine :) Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Did ye mean to PM that?

• Advertisement

I have 5 years Ncb. Taking out my own policy on them isn't an option as they're not my cars, if its the case there's no way around it I'll just have to buy an E30 or the likes.

well you wont get classic cover without a main car so I assumed you already had one.If you were to take out a second ordinary policy you couldn't use your NCB twice, so it would be full price.

corktina wrote: »
    well you wont get classic cover without a main car so I assumed you already had one.If you were to take out a second ordinary policy you couldn't use your NCB twice, so it would be full price.

Its a company van.

Advertisement