Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swarovski Disgrace Avoid

Options
  • 04-04-2013 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

A pair of earrings bought in Swarovski Blanchardstown Nov 2012.

Simple crystal surrounded by tiny crystals. Everyday earrings it seemed as they didnt hang.

Worn every day, careful not to spray perfume, hairspray etc etc or get into the shower with them as they girl told my BF in the store that it could discolour them. GRAND!

Wearing them the other day and my BF says what happened your earrings? all of the tiny stones were gone. Never noticed cos I throw them on daily and need glasses to see such a small detail. Anyway, straight into the store, showed the manager she said 'how do you clean them' I said I dont i didnt know i had to, she told me that I was meant to be cleaning them every week with water and fairy liquid. WTF?

She agreed to replace them with a receipt.

Went back, different girl, looked at them again. I asked her how often do is it happen, she told me that they were simply costume jewellery (at €90??) and are not in a setting but glued together. Should she be telling me this? never gonna buy from there again...

She also went onto to say that its not unusual for the crystals to fall out and i should clean them everytime I wear them. She advised on my next purchase to by something with just one crystal as its easier to clean.

She gave me a new pair... which I took obviously but cant exactly wear them everyday now.

An expensive mistake!, The strangest part is... on my warranty it says 'do not allow crystals come into contact with water'

??????????????????????

Not the first time I had a dodge experience in this particular store. Was trying on a ring at xmas that my BF was going to buy as a gift. The manager told me that none of the rings that they have would suit me.

Just avoid, you're not getting the quality you think you are purchasing from here. Which is a shame cos they have gorgeous stuff to look at.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

If earrings are for everyday use, and you're spending that kind of money, you're better off buying ones with proper setting in silver or gold. Glued in stones usually have a backing (or the glue will be seen and dull the lustre of the stones) and in my experience its this backing that comes away over time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 jackbrad

It doesn't sound like they know what they are talking about, at least you got them replaced, I've never been a fan of them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

€90 for glass. Paying for the brand frankly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

I understand that but €90 is alot of money these days. Thats not expected from a product that price that I have 5 months. They were put in a box at nigh and left lying around.... so, water or no water ?

I have bought earrings from pennys for 2 quid that lasted years!!

MadsL wrote: »
    €90 for glass. Paying for the brand frankly.

I know, pretty to look at though.

• Advertisement

jackbrad wrote: »
    It doesn't sound like they know what they are talking about, at least you got them replaced, I've never been a fan of them!!

I was surprised that they did replace them!!I was riled up to have a snap for that to happen :)

No water. I would go by the warranty info and not the salesperson. Glued settings don't like water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 jackbrad

Well perhaps it is a common fault (not that they would ever admit that to you!!!) and that's why they did. If they hadn't you would have taken it further so perhaps they could see that too!! I love complaining lol!!

jackbrad wrote: »
    Well perhaps it is a common fault (not that they would ever admit that to you!!!) and that's why they did. If they hadn't you would have taken it further so perhaps they could see that too!! I love complaining lol!!

OH yeah, wouldn't get someone in trouble, sometimes people serving you at the till are having a bad day but for something like this i'd go to town!!Would only get narked up if I had to :)

I'd say it is a common one so heads up yall

Oryx wrote: »
    No water. I would go by the warranty info and not the salesperson. Glued settings don't like water.

Why do they have their shops all looking gucci and their staff all kitted out in suits if they aren't forking out to train them properly !!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHH

Gonna take your advice, warranty says no water. If I have another issue with this same pair I will go back and have a snap throwing the warranty around the shop

• Advertisement

I think it may be a returns troubleshooting policy along the lines of 'whatever you did do, you should have done the opposite'. :)

Oryx wrote: »
    I think it may be a returns troubleshooting policy along the lines of 'whatever you did do, you should have done the opposite'. :)

TAKE NO SH'IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jasper Jewellery dot com

I reckon that you were stiffed on the double I'm afraid to say.
    If they behaved like that they weren't Swarovski and you were mis sold inferior product at a ridiculous over price.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

If they behaved like that they weren't Swarovski and you were mis sold inferior product at a ridiculous over price.

I am male, and myself & herself went into the Swarovski shop in Prague. We bought jewellery and never had a problem with it ( was also ear rings...but how many stones in it, I have no idea). However, what's the issue? You had the earrings changed.

While we have never been in the shop you mention above, I would find it amazing if I were Mr. Swarovski and there are such vast differences between Prague & Dublin. Also, why is it a dodgy experience because a manager said none of the rings he has wouldn't suit You? Sorry, I just find Your thread title a wee bit OTT.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The shop in question is definitely Swarovski.

http://www.swarovski.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/SCO-Web_IE-Site/en_US/-/EUR/SPAG_Storefinder-ViewDetailPage?StoreNumber=1.00&Page=0&PageableID=ePoKaSUEMP8AAAFANrkMSn6P

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Seems to be a common fault, my manager had a charm that shed all its gems after one wear. She had awful difficulty with the staff in the shop (different branch to opt)- they seem to receive little training and to be honest are quite rude- if I spoke to a customer like that I'd be sacked. Anyway, she gave up dealing with the shop and emailed head office who were very helpful and apologetic. Maybe that's a route you could go down?

Kablamo! wrote: »
    Maybe that's a route you could go down?

Why? She got it replaced with (seemingly) very little hassle. I know nothing about jewelry (not even sure if I can spell it correctly) but this thread seems more of a recommendation than a complaint to me. :confused:

impression.php?i=%7B31C12A04-6B66-4E94-A8B0-D6DAD24F85BF%7D&c=overlay&lm=1376869249568

Advertisement