Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Wants us to do exams and study in own time.

Options
  • 04-04-2013 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

My Job recently sent us on a 3 day course in which we are now expected to hand up 2 assignments each containing 4 questions which the person conducting the course said would take about 3 hours per question.

This course was pulled out of the blue and is not in our contract thats its part of the job.

I and other feel that we do not really have the spare time to put into this course but the job have told us we must do all work outside of our own time.

I am wondering does anyone have any advice on the legal end of things here and should we be entitled to a few days off to cover this because if not im gonna fail!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

If you find a legal solution to stop you from doing the assignment or force your employers into allowing you leave in lieu what will the atmosphere be like in work? How much do you want to keep your job? Is your job dependent on passing this exam?

I'm not saying people should just lie down and take what bosses push on them, but perhaps if all you get together and state your case it would be best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Err, the boss is paying for his workforce to get further training and professional skills, whats the complaint? You'd be paying for it outside of the job :confused:

Advertisement