Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman defence ends in six months inside

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Is this the same case as the guy who got arrested in the language commissioner thread when he demanded that the guard deal with him in Irish? It is, isn't it? Oh please God, say it is!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

I was thinking this story sounded familiar - it's almost three years old.
    Unfortunately Freeman nonsense still abounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I was thinking this story sounded familiar - it's almost three years old.
    Unfortunately Freeman nonsense still abounds.

Weird. Just popped up in my news feed, thought it was current. Sorry - mods close/delete if you wouldn't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

I was kinda expecting this to be Half-Life related for some reason ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Sounds like a conspiracy theorist

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Wow, Morgan Freeman in Mountjoy? 'The Mountjoy Redemption' doesn't have the same ring though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,986 ✭✭✭conorhal

MadsL wrote: »
    Perhaps this might 'discourage' this Freeman bolloxology and nonsense about people thinking the rules of society do not apply to them.

I've no time for the whole Freeman bolloxology either, but six months? You can stab sombody and do less time, which says to me, you can assault sombody, but of you challenge the increasingly autocratic power of the state (just look at some of hte legislation passed to allow them to recoup property tax from those that refuse to pay), you will be banged up and possibly labeled mentally ill, that's a wee bit Soviet don't you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

conorhal wrote: »
    I've no time for the whole Freeman bolloxology either, but six months? You can stab sombody and do less time, which says to me, you can assault sombody, but of you challenge the increasingly autocratic power of the state (just look at some of hte legislation passed to allow them to recoup property tax from those that refuse to pay), you will be banged up and possibly labeled mentally ill, that's a wee bit Soviet don't you think?

Laws allowing the state to collect taxes = autocracy. LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

conorhal wrote: »

Property tax is in every other EU country, we're just late to the party. Same with water charges.

Property tax is in every other EU country, we're just late to the party. Same with water charges.

Lemming like rush to the precipice more like.

In other countries you get a service in exchange for these charges, here you get the privilage of bailing out the privilaged. I'd much rather that they just increeced income taxes in an honest manner rather then inventing a thousand different charges, levies and taxes. How much does it cost to adminsiter the hundreds of different taxes versus straight up honest taxation.

• Advertisement

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Laws allowing the state to collect taxes = autocracy. LOL

No, invalidating my property rights and dipping into my pension or bank account without a court order or recourse to the law is autocracy, the attitude that we can't touch billionares while we can dictate how much a family in mortgage arrears can spend on food every day is autocracy, and this government grows more autocratic by the day.

Advertisement