Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring a vokera mynute 25 A

Options
  • 03-04-2013 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Hi guys I'm wondering can anyone help me on wiring a vokera mynute 25 A im just after installing I'm after taking out the old boiler, now this system has 3 zones, underfloor on the ground floor and the first floor and second floor also have separate zones (motorised valves). Also each floor has 1 room stat per floor. Down beside the boiler there are 3 mechanical time clocks and a fused 3amp spir. There is 1 wire then coming from all this with 4 cores, brown, green/yellow, black, grey. Any help on wiring up this boiler thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

The boiler is volt free contact so do not put 230v into the SWL otherwise you will blow the PCB.
    Either send out 12v dc to wiring centre mv grey wires & back to PCB from orange but this has to be in a separate cable carrying 230v or use a 230v ac - dc relay using the 230v SWL or I believe Vokera have one that fits in the boiler wiring centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭martineire

Feck that sounds a bit complicated, not very used to the wiring side of the installation, might just call a spark. Or I really need a diagram in layman terms ha.

Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

martineire wrote: »
    Feck that sounds a bit complicated, not very used to the wiring side of the installation, might just call a spark. Or I really need a diagram in layman terms ha.

Thanks for the reply

Some Sparks can't wire them up properly either. The unit should have come with its own diagram and instructions, but as Shane says, you may have a bit of re-wiring to do at the zone valves and the controller.

Yea actually the boiler I took out was also wired using a relay and I actually still have that. Will rewiring be required at motorised valves or can I now do it all down at the boiler with the relay. What colour wires connect to where on the relay? And then to what terminals on the boiler.

Any more help thanks

Yea actually the boiler I took out was also wired using a relay and I actually still have that. Will rewiring be required at motorised valves or can I now do it all down at the boiler with the relay. What colour wires connect to where on the relay? And then to what terminals on the boiler.

Any more help thanks

• Advertisement

Whatever you do, do not cut the yellow one, she'll blow.....
    Perhaps a head camera connect directly to Boards might help & we can talk you through it!

All joking aside, you need further training and not practice on a client's home. A few hazards spring to mind!

You should proceed with getting somebody who is competent in wiring heating system, in particular with volt free contacts. Most RGI's should have this ability & generally have a better understanding of them than your average sparks.

In relation to training, I believe there maybe a manufacturer run course coming up next month in gas boiler servicing, commissioning & fault finding & a second course in system wiring that includes what you maybe looking for. Both one day courses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

shane0007 wrote: »
    Whatever you do, do not cut the yellow one, she'll blow.....
    Perhaps a head camera connect directly to Boards might help & we can talk you through it!

All joking aside, you need further training and not practice on a client's home. A few hazards spring to mind!

You should proceed with getting somebody who is competent in wiring heating system, in particular with volt free contacts. Most RGI's should have this ability & generally have a better understanding of them than your average sparks.

In relation to training, I believe there maybe a manufacturer run course coming up next month in gas boiler servicing, commissioning & fault finding & a second course in system wiring that includes what you maybe looking for. Both one day courses.

What manufacturer is that Shane?

Ha yea fair enough Shane. Where are theses two 1 day courses going to be on and when?

Oh I was onto vokera there and yea I need a relay board the live neutral and earth connect to the main terminal block and the grey wire goes into the relay and then you take two wires bak from the relay to the PCB and take out the loop out and connect then in there.

What type of relay is it? What's it called thanks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭spireland32

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Some Sparks can't wire them up properly either. The unit should have come with its own diagram and instructions, but as Shane says, you may have a bit of re-wiring to do at the zone valves and the controller.

Some you mean most! Electricians are terrible when it comes to heating. All lot ignore MI's and do it theyre own way.

Where are theses two 1 day courses going to be on and when?
    Dublin
    What type of relay is it? What's it called thanks?
    Already answered

• Advertisement

Got the relay €60 from heatmerchants, SL 230v ac wired that into the relay with neutral also then wired C and NO back to PCB and hey presto job done. Took me awhile but I got there in the end and I know now next time.

Vokera from next month on are supplying the relay boards with boiler when bought they say cause to many plumbers are installing boilers and not knowing how to wire them up and there calling a spark and there wiring them up wrong and blowing the PCB

Shane who is running the courses in Dublin tho?

Got the relay €60 from heatmerchants, SL 230v ac wired that into the relay with neutral also then wired C and NO back to PCB and hey presto job done. Took me awhile but I got there in the end and I know now next time.

Vokera from next month on are supplying the relay boards with boiler when bought they say cause to many plumbers are installing boilers and not knowing how to wire them up and there calling a spark and there wiring them up wrong and blowing the PCB

Shane who is running the courses in Dublin tho?
    €60!!! Ouch.... They only cost €11.50 in local electrical suppliers.

Send me a PM for details of training & I will get them to contact you. There is a cost of €150 per day of training.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

shane0007 wrote: »

Yeah that would do the job nicely I was thinking that the other one would fit inside pcb housing no need for external enclosure etc i know it's dearer but thinking of the convenience

Advertisement