Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Challenge "Unpaid fee"

Options
  • 03-04-2013 9:21pm

Basically I paid a credit card bill 6 days before the DD was due. Unfortunately Bank of Ireland went ahead and took the direct debit the next day and even though it was on my online banking on the 29th it was dated 2/4/13. I see now that my paying the bill is dated 2/4/13 even in my current account even though it was originally dated 28/3/13.

Now I hate paying 12.70 when I am short for a direct debit but I can accept it. I'm struggling to accept this though, since the bank's systems and not my error are to blame.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Buttonftw,

Thanks for posting.

Please call Credit Card Services on 1890 251 251 / 00 353 56 7757747 and a representative will take a look at the direct debit you have set up.

If there was a Bank of Ireland system error that caused an Unpaid Fee to appear on your account, Credit Card Services will look into having it waived.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement