Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

365 online secure messaging: Change of address

Options
  • 03-04-2013 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭

I raised a query on 365 online via the secure messaging to change my address last Wednesday but have not received a reply yet. I have tried to use this system to add accounts and to change my address before but none of my queries were replied to. Does anyone read those messages?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭AlbionCat

dirtyden wrote: »
    I raised a query on 365 online via the secure messaging to change my address last Wednesday but have not received a reply yet. I have tried to use this system to add accounts and to change my address before but none of my queries were replied to. Does anyone read those messages?
    The nineteen times (yes 19) I used this service to contact BoI with a query I had a less than 50% response rate. When I did get a response I was told to ring the Customer Services line. Which I did and was a complete and utter waste of time. This alone was one of the many, many reasons why i left BoI.

Why bother to have an email contact service when all you get told is to ring the Customer Services who then tell you to write to the branch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi dirtyden and AlbionCat,

Thanks for posting.

When submitting a change of address request through Secure Messaging a text is sent to your mobile phone when the address change is completed. This process takes 7 - 10 working days.

Messages are only sent to your Inbox when you submit 'Other 365Online Queries' but not for the following options: 
    • Update Postal Address
    • Order Duplicate Statements
    • Order Interest Certificates
    • Order Balance Certificates

The Secure Messaging Team respond to all 'Other 365Online queries'.

If you do have any of these queries that you have not received a response to, can you please send us a private message with your name, branch name and your contact phone number. We would be concerned that there is an individual technical issue that may be preventing you from receiving their replies and we'd be extremely eager to investigate this further. AlbionCat, if you still have access to your 365Online profile we can also look into this for you.

Not all requests can be fulfilled through Secure Messaging and we would encourage customers to check the Helpful Answers section prior to submitting a query as you may find the answer you need. It will also advise of which requests can or cannot be completed through the service. The Helpful Answers section can be accessed on the Submit a Query screen.

If either of you will be sending us a private message, simply click the link under my signature.

Thanks,
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Thanks Tara,

I got a text message reply to this one about an hour after I posted here last night. Never had any reply to the other queries and one was also an address change request (I have moved a couple of times in last year).

Hi dirtyden,

Thanks for letting us know. We're delighted to hear your address change has now been completed. As mentioned above, if you would like us to investigate the issue of not receiving replies to 'Other 365Online queries' or to see what happened with the previous address change request, please send us a private message with your name, branch name and contact phone number.

Many thanks again,
    Tara

Hi dirtyden,

Thanks for letting us know. We're delighted to hear your address change has now been completed. As mentioned above, if you would like us to investigate the issue of not receiving replies to 'Other 365Online queries' or to see what happened with the previous address change request, please send us a private message with your name, branch name and contact phone number.

Many thanks again,
    Tara
    I am afraid it did not work this time either. I got a letter in the post saying I need to do it in branch! You should really just remove that secure inbox service as it does not seem to work for anything. I will ring customer service on Monday because I would really like to know why they could not do this. I dont get a chance to get to a branch that often. Changing the address my statements go to should not really be a chore. To be fair, anytime i ever go to a bank branch any issue I have is generally resolved and the customer service in branch is usually quite good but online and over the phone nothing appears to be able to be done ever.

• Advertisement

Hi dirtyden,

We still haven't received a pm from you so would be unable to investigate the specific issues you have mentioned.

If you could just clarify, you mentioned in one of your posts that you had received a text message. This would indicate that the change of address was successful. 

In your next post you mentioned receiving a letter. Letters are only sent when a change of address is unsuccessful. Would this have been in relation to a different account and would it have been a joint account? It's not possible to change an address on a joint account through this facility. This would need to be requested on the change of address form, signed by both parties, posted to your branch who then send it on to the Change of Address Unit.

Account requests that require an original signature cannot be actioned online or by phone. These would include, but are not limited to, request for the first card on an account, removal of overdraft facility, closing an account, amending signatories, adding or removing account holders.

Thanks,
    Tara

I received a text saying the COA was complete, and then received a letter a few days later saying that they could not do it. The change of address was for 2 accounts, my current account and my credit card account both of which are associated with the same address and both in my name only. It did not mention in the letter whether it was one account or both accounts that was unsuccessful. I will just call to a branch and will not use the inbox system again, I dont see a link under your sig so have not sent a PM, but I think I will jsut leave it at tis anyhow.

Hi dirtyden,

If you are accessing boards.ie through a mobile device you may not be able to see the link. If you do change your mind and would like us to investigate this for you, please click here to send us a private message.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement