Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wacc kerry group

Options
  • 03-04-2013 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

I'm looking for info on how to calculate the w.a.c.c of the Kerry Group for 2011.
    I have the figures for m.v of kerry group 3510.2m - {equity(1,939.6m) and debt(1,570.6m).
    Do I also need the cost of equity and debt and if so how do I go about getting this percentage. What else would I need to calculate the wacc. Any help on this would be much appreciated thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

Cost of debt is the yield on the debt, cost of equity use the CAPM equation.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭cizolin

For the capm where do I locate the components i.e beta factor, risk free rate and market return/risk premium. Its where to get the figures from I seem to have most issues with.

As for debt I have looked at the financial statements but can't find a percentage for debt. Bit lost on that one. Putting in the time but want to make sure I'm correct in what I'm doing so it's a time burner

Have to say thanks for your help again and giving me a better understanding.

Beta if you don't have Bloomberg access try the ISE site.

Risk free rate, long term yield on low risk bonds, use German Goverment bonds.

Risk premium historical performance of equity markets above bonds or expected performance, always a matter of debate, try 5%, or look for a better estimate online.

Current yield on the debt is what you want, should be published in the FT if again you don't have Bloomberg.

Advertisement