Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engagement ring - Caratz

Options
  • 03-04-2013 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,

I'm in the middle of shopping for an engagement ring for my girlfriend and was wondering if anyone had any dealings with a shop called 'Caratz' on South William street, Dublin?

I have shopped around a good bit and they seem to be really competitive on their prices. I'm just wondering are they maybe a little too competitive. The staff seem really nice, but I can't seem to find any reviews online and was wondering how reputable their diamonds are?

I believe they bring them in from India and avoid the markets in places like Antwerp.

It's such a big investment that I really need to be sure. Maybe someone out there has had some dealings with them?

Thanks guys,
    Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

mcmark wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm in the middle of shopping for an engagement ring for my girlfriend and was wondering if anyone had any dealings with a shop called 'Caratz' on South William street, Dublin?

I have shopped around a good bit and they seem to be really competitive on their prices. I'm just wondering are they maybe a little too competitive. The staff seem really nice, but I can't seem to find any reviews online and was wondering how reputable their diamonds are?

I believe they bring them in from India and avoid the markets in places like Antwerp.

It's such a big investment that I really need to be sure. Maybe someone out there has had some dealings with them?

Thanks guys,
    Mark

wow...wow, I had a look at their site and the engagement rings are amazing !!! Would love to know if anyone can recommend them also !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 epto

I am in the same boat myself Mark. Was just wondering if you got anymore information about them?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mcmark

Hey,

Unfortunately no more information on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

I wouldn't go near them (again).

I bought an engagement ring from them when they were called Uisce Diamonds. The rings are lovely looking and prices are very competitive but there's a reason for it. After a while it started to cause a rash on my wifes finger to the point where she couldn't wear it for prolonged periods of time.

We recently brought it to the jeweller who made our wedding rings to see if there was anything he could do. He ended up having to make an entirely new ring. He said the diamonds used are good but that the gold is dirt and the 18ct that I paid for was more like 9ct max. Not what you really want to hear after spending a small fortune on a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 CLL

Hi, saw you thread and thought i would my opinion!
    We visited that shop 2 weeks ago to look for an engagement ring, it was probably the 4th jewellers I had been to and I tried on lots of rings.
    I found that the quality of their rings, the settings (particularly- these looked quite cheap) and the bands didn't match up to that if other jewellers.
    we found John Brereton on grafton street brilliant. They were really helpful, not at all pushy and had some stunning, great quality pieces. Our budget was not enormous and we got a stunning ring:)))

Personally, I would avoid caratz, the photos on the website look nothing like the real thing!

• Advertisement
Advertisement