Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Season Tickets

Options
  • 03-04-2013 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys, I normally buy my Leinster tickets on a "per game" basis, as I can't always make it to matches.

Though this year, I am gonna chance it and buy a season ticket. When I go to games I usually sit in the North or South stand (can't afford any better). Though, while the ends are fine, if I was going to make it to every game, I'd prefer a better view (while being economical :rolleyes:) I am just wondering about the Anglesea Terrace. I've never been in there. I've no problem standing etc.. but I am also getting a season ticket for my GF who is a bit smaller than me.

I am just wondering will she have difficulty seeing etc... (She's just over 5ft). When purchasing tickets on the website you have to choose "seats" but presumably you don't have to stand in a prescribed area, do you? e.g. if you arrive early can you stand along the front etc..?

Any help, appreciated. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Uriel. wrote: »
    HI am just wondering will she have difficulty seeing etc... (She's just over 5ft).

Chances are she will especially at only 5Ft. But the terrace has a much better atmosphere (well depending on what type of atmosphere you are looking for) and would be my prefered option

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

south stand is the place to be, bottom seats are almost an unwritten rule given to young ones, first 4 rows are usually kids. Gets nippy but the buzz is might and leo usually potters about high fiving the kids

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I'm just waiting for the RDS redevelopment, then I'll defo move my season ticket to the terrace - right now there's too much obstructed views for me! However it's defo the best value, but also the first area to sell out. I wouldn't be surprised if there's no terrace season tickets left with the renewals already taking place.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

If you get in around an hour before the game, finding a spot to stand at the front isn't a problem. Most people tend to only start filling up in the terrace about 15 minutes before game time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

.ak wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for the RDS redevelopment, then I'll defo move my season ticket to the terrace

Providing they don't nuke the terrace completely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

So you can basically stand where you like?
    There are a good few terrace tickets left.

It's just a matter for us of choosing terrace or the North/South Stand(s).

I am 6ft 1 so I have generally no problem seeing, but there's not much point in her splasing out €270ish if she can't enjoy the games...at the same time, we normally sit on North/South and while it's generally fine, I do find that you see very little of the action at the other end (naturally)... hmmm decisions...decisions...

dregin wrote: »
    Providing they don't nuke the terrace completely!

I'm confident they won't, despite the recently leaked plans.

I am 6ft 1 so I have generally no problem seeing, but there's not much point in her splasing out €270ish if she can't enjoy the games...at the same time, we normally sit on North/South and while it's generally fine, I do find that you see very little of the action at the other end (naturally)... hmmm decisions...decisions...

Thing is, you'll have a decent view of the screens anyway. I brought my missus to a Ravenhill game in December, and she's a bit vertically challenged too. She found it hard to see certain parts of the field, and commented that she wouldn't mind if they had big screens. RDS has two large screens, so you should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Where do you sit when you're in the North or South stand?

I'm a North Stand season ticket holder and generally a mid-to-higher up seat at an angle gives the best view from the stand. Obviously it can get a bit trickier if they're the opposite end of the pitch but it's still fine.

Thing is, you'll have a decent view of the screens anyway. I brought my missus to a Ravenhill game in December, and she's a bit vertically challenged too. She found it hard to see certain parts of the field, and commented that she wouldn't mind if they had big screens. RDS has two large screens, so you should be grand.

Hmmm. I never thought of the screens actually...that might be a good selling point :) I'll let her know and she can try make the best decision she can. She has been on the South stand a few times and knows the view, so perhaps it would be worth a shot in the terrace for her

• Advertisement

Teferi wrote: »
    Where do you sit when you're in the North or South stand?

I'm a North Stand season ticket holder and generally a mid-to-higher up seat at an angle gives the best view from the stand. Obviously it can get a bit trickier if they're the opposite end of the pitch but it's still fine.

Yeah, generally sit around the same. slightly to either side of the posts and about mid to 3/4 way back - perhaps not sitting enough to one side...

What you should do is come to the Ospreys game and buy a terrace ticket for it. Although that may be too late?

What you should do is come to the Ospreys game and buy a terrace ticket for it. Although that may be too late?

That would be ideal, but I think the terrace tickets are gone already. Plus, unfortunately, I have an exam the following morning and will be spending the night before cramming (with one eye on the tv of course... :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

Myself and my gf have terrace seasons tickets. She wouldn't be the tallest either but we just makes sure we are in early to get a good spot. Generally a "good" spot for her will have a good view of ~85% of the pitch but more importantly has an unobstructed view of either big screen.

You do sometimes get a toss though who just comes in with 30 seconds to kick off and stands directly in front of her. But you just handle that when it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Terrace STH here too. Just paid for mine today for next season and it looked like there were still plenty available (at 1pm).

Agree with the others, get there early and pick a decent spot. If you go to the south end of the terrace you can see plenty, but the view of the north east corner is obstructed by the VIP/Reviewing area, but if you're close enough to the front you can see most of the pitch and both screens, plus you can see down the tunnell to the dressing rooms (might be a selling point for your OH).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Depending on which terrace you go to. We head into the one by the dressing rooms about 30 mins before kick-off and we're fine.

There's a few girls in our gang, none being tall by any means. They don't seem to have an issue. Most people are more than decent enough to have a quick look around to make sure they aren't in anyones way. If you can get tickets from the ticket exchange then that's def your best bet. Pop in 30 mins before kick-off and don't be afraid to try and get down the front. A lot of people have their "spot" in and around the middle of the terrace and you'll often find space down the front even when it's started to fill up.

Advertisement