Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipad or other tablet for video calling

Options
  • 03-04-2013 6:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

I'm currently living in Australia. I like to stay in touch with family back home through Skype and other apps such as tango and skype on my ipad or iPhone. My parents just have an old laptop with a plug in webcam. I'm thinking of getting them an ipad mini. They are a bit cheaper to buy here than in Ireland. I have to admit that I'm a bit of an apple geek. I just love their products. I know that you pay well for them but I think they're the best. I am just wondering though what other tablets would people recomend. Ther are a lot of cheaper alternatives but I know nothing about them. I've googled some alternatives but I'd be interested to hear what people on here think would be as good as the ipad.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Has to be an apple just for ease of use alone

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭richiee

Wils110 wrote: »
    Has to be an apple just for ease of use alone

Yea, the ipad is just so easy to use and learn to use. That's one big issue as my parents aren't big into technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Updates and install of apps on some of the other brand tablet can be a PITA, for ease of use I'd just get em the ipad then you can also use FaceTime

Advertisement