Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massey 240 will not engage gears.

Options
  • 02-04-2013 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi, My Massey Ferguson 240 has lost gears 2,3 and 4. I can't find them!
    I only have gears 1 and reverse. This is agonisingly slow when trying to get somewhere!! There is no grind when I try engage in lost gears, Just feels blocked out!! Please any help is appreciated, no local mechanics know what it may be.
    Regards, MM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭case956tom

Maddenman wrote: »
    Hi, My Massey Ferguson 240 has lost gears 2,3 and 4. I can't find them!
    I only have gears 1 and reverse. This is agonisingly slow when trying to get somewhere!! There is no grind when I try engage in lost gears, Just feels blocked out!! Please any help is appreciated, no local mechanics know what it may be.
    Regards, MM
    the selector rail for 2nd and 3rd is slightly forwards or backwards and not letting the gear stick in, take out the oil fill plug beside the gear stick and push the selector jaw forward or back with a bar.

Advertisement